• Register
  • Help

Topic: Yet another GPO/GOS "Orchestral Etude"

Kauai, Hawaii, USA

Smile Yet another GPO/GOS "Orchestral Etude"

I’ve put an “unpublished” new piece (and as yet untitled “Orchestral Etude”) at the top of my personal “Music Preview” page here: http://www.kevintweedy.net/Preview/MusicPreview.htm .

The piece is an exploration of rhythms and sonorities with an eye towards further exploring GPO and GOS and honing my composition and orchestration. It uses only Garritan Personal Orchestra and Garritan Orchestral Strings (LITE). As usual comments (public or direct) are welcomed and encouraged.

tia ... KevinKauai

Re: Yet another GPO/GOS "Orchestral Etude"

It is very cool to hear GOS being used with GPO. Very nice piece...
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

West Seneca, NY

Thumbs up Re: Yet another GPO/GOS "Orchestral Etude"

Here I am listening for about ten minutes and thinking, wow this piece is long! Dahhhhh, I had the repeat function on my player activated.
    Any which, this is a cool piece! Love the marimba and percussion timings. Very neat and off the norm composition. Love it. If this is what you can do with GPO and GOS lite I can't wait to try it myself soon! Very cool Kevin. Thanks for sharing.

Kauai, Hawaii, USA

Question Re: Yet another GPO/GOS "Orchestral Etude"

The "finished" version of this piece (now titled "Fragments of Confusion - Orchestral Fantasy 2004-2") has now been published at my usual "publication" sites (Broadjam, Ampcast and AcidPlanet). You can hear this "final" version here on my Preview page: http://www.kevintweedy.net/Preview/MusicPreview.htm .

If you'd like to hear the difference that one week makes, listen FIRST to the earlier version (just below the final version on that page). See if you can hear the substitution of different instruments between the two versions and other changes that "sleeping on it" for a week brings. This is one of my largest orchestras yet -- with 3 almost full instances of the GPO Kontakt player and 6 GOS instruments in HALion all processed with Cubase SX 2.

Happy listening ... this piece is ALL GPO and GOS/Lite and uses the "Concert Hall 2" impulse that Gary provided me (for use with the SIR VSTi effect processor).

Cheers! KevinKauai

Go Back to forum