• Register
  • Help

Topic: Silent Hill 3

Share/Bookmark

Silent Hill 3

I just picked up Silent Hill 3 today and noticed it came with the official soundtrack on CD in the box!

Do most newer games include this?

I would LOVE a copy of Jeremy Soule's Morrowind!
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Re: Silent Hill 3

I haven't run into a lot of new games that include the soundtrack. However, there used to a fair number that had mixmode CDs that had both the game data and the rebook tracks so you could play it in a CD player as long as you started with track 2. Examples include Mechwarrior 2 and Quake 2. Also, several "deluxe bundles" include the soundtrack, as alluded to earlier. Another example of this is Lunar Silver Star Story Complete.

If you own morrowind most of the songs can be found in the music folder already in MP3 format
    I do not regret the things I've done, but those I was unable to do.

...thanks guys - I'll have to check the folders for Morrowind mp3s...

20 Things

that would be first thing i would do anyway ... to search the gamefolders for music

but it's a little bit confusing, tho the main theme is i think is 3 times spread in all different kinds of folders, but you should figure out that in no time.

Found the mp3's in my Program Files yesterday and burned to CD-R for the car, thanks guys!

20 Things

As far as Silent Hill 3 goes, as much as I love the game and how the music works within the game, I have to say that listening to the music alone just isn't the same.

I know there's a whole sub culture of people who collect game music, all 12 of them!

Sorry...couldn't resist.

Actually I love some soundtracks for games, most memorably KOTOR, Halo, FF X to name a few. When I get to score a game I'd like to ask for permission to post mp3's directly to my site, free of charge!
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Go Back to forum