• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any advice on the PMI Bosendorfer 290 Plug-In

Share/Bookmark

Any advice on the PMI Bosendorfer 290 Plug-In

I purchased this to use on my CPU that is 2.4 gig and 2 gig of ram, however I can't seem to load more than 90% of the file on the 8 layer samples before getting a message that Physical memory is running low. I tried the 16 layer and I get about 48-50% before I get the same message. What am I doing wrong. I do not have hardly anything running in the background, only the stuff that is essential that I can not close. There is hardly anything in the start up window.I see no options anywhere to modify settings withen the player...
    I do not regret the things I've done, but those I was unable to do.

Re: Any advice on the PMI Bosendorfer 290 Plug-In

Have you tried experimenting with different virtual memory settings? These would be availble from your control panel but would be different depending on whether you are using 95/98/Me/2000/XP. That's the first thing that comes to my mind.

I'm assuming you use Windows XP, since Windows 98 might not work well with 2 gigs of RAM (and XP is better anyway).

Although you might get a message that you are running low on memory, you can just ignore the message and let it load. 2 gigs is more than enough.

A handy way to check if memory will overflow is to press Ctrl+Alt+Del and monitor the 'Comit Charge' memory while loading.

Also, check out www.musicxp.net ; they have a lot of handy tuning tips for using XP with music.

Yes I'm using Xp. As far as changing virtual settings. I think I did do that when I first installed gigastudio, but I do not know what the original setting was or have any clue of where it needs to be at safely. Thx for the link I'll check that out.

You did activate the DFD mode, didn't you ?

You know I can't seem to activate it. The button is greyed out I can not click on it. It's just sort of like a graphic in the interface. I'm searching for the manual to see how to activate it. I found a picture of inside the options that has a DFD mode on the PMI website, but when I go to options I do not get the option for DFD, Still looking.

May be you need to download it from NI site?

Quote Originally Posted by žeth
    You know I can't seem to activate it. The button is greyed out I can not click on it. It's just sort of like a graphic in the interface. I'm searching for the manual to see how to activate it. I found a picture of inside the options that has a DFD mode on the PMI website, but when I go to options I do not get the option for DFD, Still looking.
    Here is the link for the DFD download:
    http://www.soundsonline.com/techsupp...endorfer.shtml
    Have fun with the Bosie!
    Dennis

Thanks for the link, that took care of it and I can actually use it now with no hitches sounds great!

Go Back to forum