• Register
  • Help

Topic: Getting beyond 64 voices

Share/Bookmark

Getting beyond 64 voices

Try as I may, I never seem to go beyond 64 voices. I\'ve changed the polyphony entry to 160, still have the Transition voices entry at 6 (should this be higher?), \'Audio Capture\' at 24-bit and buffer at 1M.

I\'ve tried putting multiple instrument on two of the four ports.

I can easily run out of 64 voices with just a piano.

What am I missing here?

Thanks!

Re: Getting beyond 64 voices

I know this may be obvious, but be sure to click the \"Apply\" button after setting the polyphony slider.

RTFM, I can\'t believe rightful licenced GS 160 owners don\'t look this up in their manual!

yes hit the apply button and then set the transition voices to much higher than six

Try maxing it out thedn bringing it back until you dont have problems. This is how I set up my system.....actually no..now they are both maxxed out

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Bill - Actually, I did do that much! Really!

Pendragon - Too easy to ask here. Actually the online help file led me in the right direction more quickly.

KingIdiot - Thanks for the pointer. I tried that, plus raising the buffer size to 4MB, and I seem to be getting better performance, and certainly am going beyond the 64 voice limit now. Have made it up to 134 just using my keyboard...

Unfortunately, these changes bring on the dreaded MSG32/WSTREAM problem and crash my machine if I do it too much........

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    yes hit the apply button and then set the transition voices to much higher than six

Try maxing it out thedn bringing it back until you dont have problems. This is how I set up my system.....actually no..now they are both maxxed out

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by Mark_Knecht (edited 02-17-2002).]

Go Back to forum