• Register
  • Help

Topic: Why can't Giga use VST/DirectX plugs??

Share/Bookmark

Why can\'t Giga use VST/DirectX plugs??

The most annoying thing about Gigastudio is that it doesn\'t integrate well with audio mixing. Ideally Gigastudio should handle plugins so that you can mix it just like a VSTi. It is so annoying converting all MIDI tracks to audio just so I can import them into Cubase and mix them alongside audio. And then if I want to modify the MIDI tracks I have to reconvert! Clearly the VSTi approach is the superior approach to intergrating MIDI and audio. HALion looks promising but I like the GigaStudio quality better. So unless Gigastudio wants to become extinct, it had better go the VSTi route!!

Re: Why can\'t Giga use VST/DirectX plugs??

Really? GS acts perfectly as a VSTi in Logic Audio Platinum

> Why can\'t Giga use VST\\DX plugs ??

Evidently you haven\'t paid much attention during your year as a member here.

So apparently I have been missing something. I never realized that Tascam/Nemesys created a VSTi version of Gigastudio. That is earth shattering. I am surprised more people don\'t know about it...

I always thought GS was a standalone app. As a standalone app, it should be able to use DX/VST effect plugs. Does it do that too and I am not aware of it?

Pendragon - I don\'t see any indication anywhere that GS could work as a VSTi in Logic. When I say VSTi I am referring to something that can be mixed alongside audio using all your favorite plugs, etc (w/out having to convert MIDI-to-wav). This could be (and should be) implemented one of two ways:

1. Gigastudio should be able to use DX/VST plugs internally, just like it uses its own NFX plugs. Afterall - once GS has converted MIDI to wave internally, why wouldn\'t it be able to send that audio stream through a plugin?

2. Gigastudio itself becomes a VSTi. Yeah I know - there is much talk of this from Tascam (they are researching it, etc).

GSt is not and will not be a VSTi or Dxi. Nor does it (or will it) use VST Plugs or DX plugs. This is a subject that comes up over and over. Use the search function.

Go Back to forum