• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problem with legato

Share/Bookmark

Problem with legato

Hellou,

I have a little problem, maybe I"m doind something wrong:
    I'm trying to link 2 chords of "Violas Lush" with a legato, so I do my stuff with CC64 (I don't own a pedal). The thing is I can't get the 2 chords to "legato-ize" smoothly because the first chord stops just a few bars before its supposed note offs, it's not much but enough to break the continuity I'm trying to achieve.

Is there any chance this is caused by a polyphony problem ? It occurs even if the track is solo.

I tried changing the length of the notes and the same happens, delayed accordingly. I could make my first chord go a bit over the second one, but this seems a bit dirty to me.

Any hint ?

Thanks,
    Nino

Re: Problem with legato

What sequencer are you using? If Sonar, there is a bug in the DXi version that changes note lengths. Workaround is to use the VST version.

Holy cow that's it ! I'm using Sonar+GPO DXI... Is there any loss of performance using a "translated" VST under Sonar ? And maybe someone has a clue if the next update of the Kontakt player would fix that nasty bug ?

Thanks again Haydn for your reply.

Nino

I tried the VST GPO in Sonar and it's still the same, the notes are obviously too short and not linked although they are on screen >_<. I have to make them last over the next note so I can have a smooth result... I'm cursed

Performance is actually a bit better with the VST version in Sonar. That is all I use.

If there is a separation between your notes (rest time) it will not play legato. Check the piano roll view and you should be able to see it. Extend the first notes so they end exactly when the other notes start.

-- Martin
    http://www.starbirthmusic.com

@mschiff:

That's of course what I do I work onily using the piano roll. I even quantized the notes to be sure there was not gap...
    (Hey I'm a GPO newbie, not a music newbie )
    So problem not solved yet

Vst faster with Sonar ? This seems strange
    But then I guess I'll use oinly the VST too

Thanks.

Did you load the VST version from under the VST area in the DXi insert? You will need to reload your instruments once you load in the VST version. Since the instruments are looped, they should play for as long as your note and shouldn't cut off early.

Yes I did, and I reloaded the instruments as well. I tested only on one VST track though. I'll test again with no DXI loaded at all. Maybe it'll work.

Thanks again for the cool support.
    Nino

Go Back to forum