• Register
  • Help

Topic: New film music cue: Trap

Share/Bookmark

New film music cue: Trap

It's been awhile since I posted any of my own orchestral work here. This is a small segment of a film cue I've been working on as of late.

http://www./mymusic/Movie-Trap.mp3

Libraries used: VSL First Edition, EWQLSO Gold & Silver, StormDrum.

Hope you enjoy it - let me know what you think. As always, comments welcome.

Thanks,

Frederick

Re: New film music cue: Trap

It's performed well and it sounds good, but IMO, it does sound like I've heard this all a thousand times before. I grave for more originality these days.

-------------------
    Alex Cremers

Smile Re: New film music cue: Trap

I disagree. I think there is a lot of originality here Frederick. I really only have two comments aside from "great job!"

There are some things in the mix that I wanted to sound different. The strings sound a bit thin when you do use them....and then little things like the glock in the middle seemed mixed almost too loud.

Also...I love the hi-hat in the second part of the piece. It keep the intensity and momentum up. Towards the end though...I wanted ithe cue to develop another way to keep that momentum going. Either with something replacing the hi-hat for a bit...and it coming back at the end...or something. It just lost me musically with the hi-hat going on for so long.

Those are minor things though...really. Good job.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Heh - thanks Brian. Actually this is an entirely new genre for me and thus I'm far less attached to it - so I really appreciate the observations man.

I agree that the mix is rough in places - it's not finished, more like a rough draft. I've approached this piece differently than the others because I was working more to flesh out the composition using an existing template. Thanks for the hi-hat comment - the scene needs to keep the energy up yet change emotionally so I'll find another approach.

Thanks again!

Frederick

Hi Sharmy - thanks for lending your ears and experience. I think you nailed it - keeping the excitement up without overdoing the percussive element. Too much loses the original effect.

Sam Horns is definitely a consideration. Thanks for the heads up regarding the harp.

Oh, by the way check your messages.

Best,

Frederick

Go Back to forum