• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: OT : mastering's studio ?

Question OT : mastering's studio ?

Hi all,

I'd like to know if some of you have already work with a mastering's studio.
    I'd like to have a professional mastering of severals orchestral demos done with samples. I'm living in France and want to use the web for this. If somebody knows good professional in this work...
    Thanks in advance

Re: OT : mastering's studio ?

You might want to look into Titan Line Music - a great post-production studio.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Los Angeles

Why? Just curious.... is it film stuff?

Exclamation Re: OT : mastering's studio ?

Thanks for the vote, Alan. I'm not really set up as a studio for third-party mixing/mastering. My guess is that you should find some really good recordings - classical or film score - whichever you like - and contact the house that mastered them. See if they'll do it, or if they can point you to someone who can.

Bon chance, mon ami!
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Thanks for answering.
    I'm going to have a look on my favorite film's dicography !
    It's not for a film, but for a cartoon. But I should say that the music is more "fiction" than "cartoon".

I listened to some of the demos from a on-line mastering facility (XARC) and was quite impressed. Not sure if they have any experience with orchestral music though. In classical music circles some believe it is best not to touch the original recording at all.

Alex Cremers

Hello french guy !
    I'm also from France

Here's a link to a good mastering studio in Paris
    Lots of good artists went there but it's quite expensive
    Results are sometimes good and sometimes average.

The only thing i can say is that Sometimes i'm getting better result with a Powercore and Sony Inflator...

Hello Alex,

I listened to some demos of XARC. As a matter of fact,it seems that they quite know their job. I listened some orchestral demos (music from games) done with real orchestra. It would be interesting to listen such a mastering on a composition done with samples ( particulary VSL...).
    Bonjour Metallian !
    Thanks for the link. Perhaps a little expensive, above all for an average result...

I think they ask an interesting price too. Lately I've been mastering my own work but after my acquaintance with XARC I kind of regret that I did. I never seem to get that "tight" bass.

Alex Cremers

Sorry for my poor english Alex, but I don't quite undertstand what you mean : you regreted having mastering yourself, or work with XARC ?...
    I found another on-line mastering , looks expensive, but very serious... Here is the link :

Go Back to forum