Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Topic: How "up-tight" are the Dems?

Share/Bookmark

How "up-tight" are the Dems?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Arnold is stirring things up:
    http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/....ap/index.html

What was that again about Republicans being "up-tight" with regards to Whoopi's remarks, etc?

Post Re: How "up-tight" are the Dems?

The fact that we have the CA governer, an actor and former body builder up there with his thick Austrian accent saying "girlie men" and it is not a Saturday Night Live skit....is hilarious to me.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Re: How "up-tight" are the Dems?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. Ralston
    The fact that we have the CA governer, an actor and former body builder up there with his thick Austrian accent saying "girlie men" and it is not a Saturday Night Live skit....is hilarious to me.
    Brian, for once in our lives, we agree.

Smile Re: How "up-tight" are the Dems?

Quote Originally Posted by robgb
    Brian, for once in our lives, we agree.
    . Wait....and we both like music.....Holy crap!!!!!!
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

I was gonna start this thread myself, hehe.

Given that he's the gov'nu, he should take into account that the majority of his state is comprised of a bunch of whining crybaby pansies.

O'Reilly had some Democrat on tonight who was arguing that the "special interests" Arnie was railing on about are interests the people should care about, like activists against sexual harrassment. I'm thinking, why do sexual harrassment victims need an entire lobby in the state capital? Then I remembered that sexual harrassment lawsuits are a multi-million dollar industry, so of course there's going to be a lobby....of lawyers, and they probably lobby to make it easier to sue people.
    Michael Peter

If music be the food of love...
    play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

You watch O'Reilly. How sad for you.
    check out todays show at:
    democracynow.org.

David Cole speaks about O'Reilly at about 34 minutes into the show.

This is the transcript:

http://www.democracynow.org/article...4/07/19/1410214

Quote Originally Posted by His Frogness
    I was gonna start this thread myself, hehe.

Given that he's the gov'nu, he should take into account that the majority of his state is comprised of a bunch of whining crybaby pansies.

O'Reilly had some Democrat on tonight who was arguing that the "special interests" Arnie was railing on about are interests the people should care about, like activists against sexual harrassment. I'm thinking, why do sexual harrassment victims need an entire lobby in the state capital? Then I remembered that sexual harrassment lawsuits are a multi-million dollar industry, so of course there's going to be a lobby....of lawyers, and they probably lobby to make it easier to sue people.
    It is sad that trial lawyers are an industry unto themselves. There's something ironic about Kerry claiming that he can cut the cost of health care by reducing the bureaucracy when his running mate's profession is one reason why the bureaucracy costs as much as it does.

Quote Originally Posted by wes37
    It is sad that trial lawyers are an industry unto themselves. There's something ironic about Kerry claiming that he can cut the cost of health care by reducing the bureaucracy when his running mate's profession is one reason why the bureaucracy costs as much as it does.
    Man, that's EASY to solve. Bring in legislation (which exists elsewhere in English common law jurisdictions) regulating contingency fees. Would have to be done on a state-by-state basis. But lots of big corps would go for it.

JG

But wait, guys. Where's the outrage about this? I thought we were supposed to get hopping mad when people are up-tight and make big politically divisive issues over petty comments like this? Or is that only when Republicans do it? Oh, gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Wright
    But wait, guys. Where's the outrage about this? I thought we were supposed to get hopping mad when people are up-tight and make big politically divisive issues over petty comments like this? Or is that only when Republicans do it? Oh, gotcha.
    You see, Brady, if the Repugs did it as little as the Dems do, I wouldn't have a problem with them. Thing is, the Repugs NEVER shut up. Ever.

For the most part, the Dems stand there and take it like wimps rather than dish it out. Maybe wimp time is over.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast