• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Registration ongoing problem.

Share/Bookmark

Angry Registration ongoing problem.

Any one know how to get around the never ending registration baloney? What's with NI? I thought by now they would get it together. Sorry, it's just the second product I've shelled out for just to go through this ridiculous non existing procedure.
    Sure would apreciate an answer.
    Styxx

Re: Registration ongoing problem.

Hey Styxx
    If your using IE 6 it won't work. Might have to grab Netscape (free download).

If that doesn't work, feel free to (Kontakt) me and I will help you.

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

IE 6? There's a new one on me. Got to tell you, I am still quite new to all this. Regardless, the more I dabble with this Kontakt so called player the more I am beginning to feel I've wasted my money. I thought it was an upgrade player to the one I got with GPO? I expected the keyboard and instead I get a window that looks like a ghost shot of windows. Is there a keyboard or am I looking for something not?
    Styxx

Hi Styxx!

Ok first off, If you got the full version of Kontakt, it aint a waste of money...trust me there my brother! The fact that you don't see a keyboard is good (leads me to believe that you have the big boy ). You can get a keyboard window by clicking the big "edit" button and then "mapping editor". I'll elaborate later if you like.
    IE 6 = Internet Explorer (your browser that comes with windows). There are known issues with NI registration and version 6 of the browser. Solution is to download Netscape and activate from it.
    Look at your box and let me know exactly what you got. If you got the full Kontakt, your in for some real fun (despite the fact that it looks bland right now).
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart

The Ni reg. works with IE 6! Ive done many a reg with it no problem. Styx what seems to be the problem (specifically), your post is a little vauge. Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Pell
    The Ni reg. works with IE 6! Ive done many a reg with it no problem. Styx what seems to be the problem (specifically), your post is a little vauge. Rich
    Hehe yea Styxx we need more info bud.
    IE 6 works unless you have one of the updated versions (the newer ones have trouble). But yea, we need more to go on.

Well, I go to start, open Kontakt, click on Kontakt Register Tool, reg window opens, I click on Register Now, and a tiny eeny weeny window pops up "CANNOT OPEN BROWSER"! None of the other paths work either.
    Oh my God this is un believable! Nothing works. I finally got on thier website and it wouldn't except my password.
    Styxx

So, the box says nothing about being Full Kontakt. It just says Kontakt. How will I know?
    I really should go and take a long nap.
    Styxx

Have you tried opening the internet browser first? Maybe try this and see what happens.

Hey Styxx

If it just says "Kontakt" you have the big dude!!!
    I know your frustrated right now, but your going to love it!!!
    Try JB's suggestion above.
    Don't worry it will all work and you are in for a wonderful ride. Once you get launched, you''l be more than happy. Take a break for a bit.

Go Back to forum