• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: .... august .... end of ....

Share/Bookmark
    andyt

Unhappy .... august .... end of .... ???? no, please no.

There's a posting appeared over at VSL this afternoon. Someone spoke with a TEAC (Tascam's owners ?) salesperson today who said GS3 would not be released until the end of August now.

Is anyone able to confirm or deny this ? Huh, Synthetic ? Please say it isn't so.

Re: .... august .... end of .... ???? no, please no.

Quote Originally Posted by andyt
    There's a posting appeared over at VSL this afternoon. Someone spoke with a TEAC (Tascam's owners ?) salesperson today who said GS3 would not be released until the end of August now.
    Am I the only one whose disappointment slowly turns into slightly amused indifference? Is it possible that GS3 will remain vaporware for quite some time?

Anyway, let's hope this is just a rumour.

Cheers,
    jan

Re: .... august .... end of ....

AndyT, are you really that surprised after all? When Synthetic two weeks ago failed to produce that list of libraries supplied with GS3 that he said would be ready in a matter of days, the smell of rat was getting evident. Since then - Silence. Not even a "sorry, the list ís delayed and so is the release".

Tascam ought to change the date on their site to "soon to be released", - what is this? - the 5th time it has been bumped? At NAMM it was "April", then end of May, June, July, August...

...just wondering.

hi guys

like most of you i'm waiting for gigastudio 3

but it seems that Tascam will delay it's release once again. i was wondering, that maybe they knew that the product would never be ready in april, but they said it would so we could not buy the sofware from the competition (aka, Kontact or Halion). And that would keep them the same customers who would be getting ready to work with the new product (Giga 3).

So that brings us to the present where most of us don't have giga 3 and have chosen to wait for its release, but have actually nothing.

What bothers me is that people are going to lose their trust on Tascam, like most of us alredy have, and many of them will choose to buy illegal copies of the software, since they are not willing to give their money to a company that's so unserious.

So maybe the tactic that Tascam used, to lie us about the release, will end up reducing their sales instead of increasing them.

what do you think??

pd: i am asuming that they knew the truth from the start or that they had unrealistic optimism, btw, which may not be true.

Nothing has changed. It will ship end of July, first week of August at the latest.

AHHH HE SAID AUGUST! I TOLD YOU! THE SKY IS FALLING! I heard August 3rd somewhere, so maybe we'll miss by a few days. What can I say.

We haven't posted the list of included libraries because it keeps growing every day. The list is delayed but you get more free content. Not so bad, eh?

Kinda odd to have something growing everyday and still be able to Pkg it up and get it out the door next week or the week after.

I guess I'll believe it when I see it.

Thanks Synth. This should be a winner for you.

Rob

Oh I hope it does ship the end of the month or (very) early in august...... I'd really like that rewire support.....
    Tim

Just think of it as July 34th.

Quote Originally Posted by synthetic
    Nothing has changed. It will ship end of July, first week of August at the latest.

AHHH HE SAID AUGUST! I TOLD YOU! THE SKY IS FALLING! I heard August 3rd somewhere, so maybe we'll miss by a few days. What can I say.

We haven't posted the list of included libraries because it keeps growing every day. The list is delayed but you get more free content. Not so bad, eh?
    I'm going to Sweden for a while tommorow. I'll be back on August 5th. When I get back, one of the first things I'll do is see whether this particular release date has been met. I'll be very interested to see how it turns out. Very interested indeed...

Go Back to forum