• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Atmosphere vs Morphology

Share/Bookmark

Atmosphere vs Morphology

Can someone compare and contrast these? Which is more useful for filmscores?

Re: Atmosphere vs Morphology

Short version:
    Atmosphere...yes, Morphology is nice but Atmosphere wins for me...

Longer version:
    Atmosphere is fantastic for everything...one-finger ambiences to pads
    Morphology has some nice effects and a vast section of raw sampled analogue synth waveforms...

Still...Atmosphere is one of my most used VSTs (if not the most used)...
    Jan Nemecek
    www.jannemecek.net

Yep. I have to agree. The current project I'm working on has 83 tracks (12 songs), all VSTi's, as follows:

Absynth - 3
    Atmosphere - 47
    FM7 - 9
    Hypersonic - 17
    XPhrase - 7

Lawrence

PS - I own Morphology.
    Melodialworks Music
    Music for Relaxation and Inspiration
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Thanks...........What does Morphology have that Atmosphere does not?
    Do you have a better compliment to Atmosphere than Morphology (besides Absynth)?

If one has Atmosphere, one could do worse than try/use Cameleon, Zebra, and other animals...

Thanks, Ned. I'll check out those animals!
    Melodialworks Music
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Bouhalassa
    If one has Atmosphere, one could do worse than try/use Cameleon, Zebra, and other animals...
    Ned,

I did check these out, and ended up getting Cameleon5000. I've been going through the presets, plus additional patches available at camelaudio.com, and I'm very impressed. This will be a very useful synth for my music making endeavours. Thanks for recommending it.

Lawrence
    Melodialworks Music
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Ultra Focus is getting some very positive responses at k-v-r.

JeffN

I have both....and agree that Ultra Focus is getting some good responses. I think of Atmosphere as very good for pads, while Morphology seems good for beds... although both instruments have some overlap. If I only had one, it would be Atmosphere. The choice of basic pad material is amazing.

Take Care

Well I have been around the horn on this: forums, reading reviews, demos, emails.....it seems I have run into abolutely NO criticisms of Atmosphere.....(other than the sync issue which the update takes care of ...) seeing how they are probably going to improve this product to the same degree Spectrasonics is improving Stylus to Stylus RMX: I'm just going to have to buy it.....it seems it is really a musical instrument and not just a collection of fine samples.......I have demoed every ambient making vst synth and while there are a few presets here and there.......it seems a consensus that all 1000 presets of Atmosphere are musical and useable....before layering or sound warping with fx.

Go Back to forum