• Register
  • Help

Topic: sometimes no midi off

Share/Bookmark

sometimes no midi off

Hi,
    Atleast one channel(not always the same one) won\'t get midi note off in my sequence, so they sustain the notes until i press the \"panic\" button on my interface. this does not happen in the same part of the sequence each time, so I don\'t think it\'s the sequence.
    I have a Giga-exclusive PC running Gigastudio 160 and i\'m using Digital Performer 2.7 via a MOTU microexpress to drive Giga. i am using all 16 channels with the polyphony set 160 with little to no stealing of sustained notes for polyphony(not significant, since it\'s a fast track).
    Any suggestions? Please respond ASAP.
    thanks!

Re: sometimes no midi off

This could be a lot of things. Sometimes I would get that symptom, until I installed IDE Busmaster drivers instead of the regular ones used on VIA chipset motherboards. Also, it could mean that you\'re using an Asian R&D\'ed MIDI interface (can you tell I have bad experiences with a certain Asian MIDI interface?).

Do you have the problem on any other MIDI equipment or only GS?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Simon Ravn:
    This could be a lot of things. Sometimes I would get that symptom, until I installed IDE Busmaster drivers instead of the regular ones used on VIA chipset motherboards. Also, it could mean that you\'re using an Asian R&D\'ed MIDI interface (can you tell I have bad experiences with a certain Asian MIDI interface?).

Do you have the problem on any other MIDI equipment or only GS?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi, Thanks for your prompt reply. No I don\'t have this problem with any of my other gear, so i think it\'s isolated to Giga. Where would I get the IDE Busmaster drivers? A techsupport person at SoundChaser said that there might be some kind of feed back loop with the MOTU interface that the rest of my gear can deal with, but Giga can\'t. Do you know what he\'s talking about?
    thanks again for your reply. liww :-)

Try www.viahardware.com or www.viatech.com for IDE busmaster drivers. Regarding the feedback, I assume you that you have no MIDI connections FROM your GS machine TO your sequencer machine, which eliminates that possibility.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Simon Ravn:
    Try www.viahardware.com or www.viatech.com for IDE busmaster drivers. Regarding the feedback, I assume you that you have no MIDI connections FROM your GS machine TO your sequencer machine, which eliminates that possibility.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hello again,
    thank you for continuing to reply promptly. I\'m sorry for these elementry questions, but I\'m a bit new at this.
    I went to the links you suggested and both offered lots of drivers, so I couldn\'t figure out which would work best. There were IDE busmaster miniport drivers and filter master drivers. the viaarena documentation said that the miniport drivers would help with RAID PCI cards, but it said that only the filter drivers would be installed by default in Windows 98.
    Midiman, on it\'s techsupport page, had complaints of looping in playing multiple wave files. i wonder if this is the problem. The techsupport guys recommended downloading some IDE drivers for RAID cards.
    Finally there were drivers that on the viaarena site that were said to help Sound Blaster cards. Would these help my Delta 1010?
    I need to fix this by the end of Thurs. So if you can reply as quickly as you have been, I\'d really be thankful.
    Thanks again!
    liww :-)

Go Back to forum