• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help with Sonar

Share/Bookmark

Help with Sonar

I just downloaded the demo to try it out. Can anyone tell me if there are restrictions to using control changes. I\'ve inserted control changes 7 and 10 at the beginning of a new song. But I\'m only getting half the result in Gigastudio. The volume and pan will change, but only to the default values, which is not the values that I have entered. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Help with Sonar

I use Sonar XL and there are no restrictions in any of the controllers. You should have access to any controller in the MIDI spec. It\'s possible that the demo version doesn\'t have full functionality. You may want to check on a Sonar forum. Cakewalk\'s website gives you links to its newsgroups where you can post questions for Sonar.

Does anyone else know if this is just a restriction of the demo? Maybe I\'m just doing it wrong or don\'t have something else set up correctly.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by timzydee:
    Does anyone else know if this is just a restriction of the demo? Maybe I\'m just doing it wrong or don\'t have something else set up correctly.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can\'t answer this one, but if you are curoious about Sonar you could always purchase Home Studio 2002 first. It is only USD 49 if you are a cakewalk customer and is a cut-down version of Sonar. Unlimited midi/audio-tracks, DX-plugins/instruments,loop-tool etc. Well worth checking out. I have tried a number of other sequencers and am very happy with HS.

Go Back to forum