• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is there any precedence for this?

Share/Bookmark

Is there any precedence for this?

I've got an interesting situation going on over here.

Not 4 days ago did I purchase MidiOverLAN+ for my new three computer setup. I downloaded the file onto my computer (skipped the hardcopy) but I haven't messed around with it yet at all. I haven't even installed it yet because I still haven't recieved a major piece of my new setup (the audio card for my DAW).

So then this Giga Teleport comes out today making MidiOverLAN+ essentially obsolete before I've even used it. Obviously I don't want MOL any more, I want Giga Teleport. I paid $120 bucks for the four licenses to MOL, yet I have not nor will not use the software AT ALL.

So what's the precedence here? Can I manage to get a refund for this and delete it off my computer? Would a company like MusicLAB have enough good faith to do that? I'm very worried considering there's absolutely no way I know of to prove I've destroyed my only copy of the program.

So what do you guys think I should do? Just accept the loss and move on or try and get a refund for a product I've not used.

Thanks for any guidance! In the meantime I'm going to shoot an email off to MusicLAB and see what they say.

Re: Is there any precedence for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Musica142
    I've got an interesting situation going on over here.

Not 4 days ago did I purchase MidiOverLAN+ for my new three computer setup. I downloaded the file onto my computer (skipped the hardcopy) but I haven't messed around with it yet at all. I haven't even installed it yet because I still haven't recieved a major piece of my new setup (the audio card for my DAW).

So then this Giga Teleport comes out today making MidiOverLAN+ essentially obsolete before I've even used it. Obviously I don't want MOL any more, I want Giga Teleport. I paid $120 bucks for the four licenses to MOL, yet I have not nor will not use the software AT ALL.

So what's the precedence here? Can I manage to get a refund for this and delete it off my computer? Would a company like MusicLAB have enough good faith to do that? I'm very worried considering there's absolutely no way I know of to prove I've destroyed my only copy of the program.

So what do you guys think I should do? Just accept the loss and move on or try and get a refund for a product I've not used.

Thanks for any guidance! In the meantime I'm going to shoot an email off to MusicLAB and see what they say.
    Musica:

Technically you now own those licences and if you have already invested your money in MOL, I see no reason why you should see it go to waste and use it.

I have MOL and its been out for a while, and performs extremely well on my systems. Id never look back. Very stable and if i dint have my girlfiend Id choose MOL. LOL. Dude new software will always come out, remember that u can use what you have. These are just tools.

Also newer software is still not entirely tested, and after a while it will become more mature then Id say sure go for it. Since you have MOL Id just keep it. It also depends how you work. I like to have all my audio path seperate and have control with my onboard Audio In/Out on Software Mixers and not have to bounce and rely on CPU resources. For now I would rather stick to having my audio interface dedicated on my VSTACK and Giga systems and just have all channels available.

After all I am living in a cave

Dont mean to disconcern you but honestly use what you have.

Caveman

The real issue here for me is I literally just recieved $800 worth of soundcards YESTERDAY. I'm currently working on sending those cards back for a refund since they wouldn't be needed with Giga Teleport. I'd make the switch to Giga Teleport to save me $800 or whatever. MOL is just a casualty of war of sorts.

I would just plead your case to them. If they say they won't refund the money then kindly inform them that you will not be buying anything from them ever again.
    Michael Peter

If music be the food of love...
    play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

Quote Originally Posted by Musica142
    The real issue here for me is I literally just recieved $800 worth of soundcards YESTERDAY. I'm currently working on sending those cards back for a refund since they wouldn't be needed with Giga Teleport. I'd make the switch to Giga Teleport to save me $800 or whatever. MOL is just a casualty of war of sorts.

Ahhh, now we see the big picture. Well if you aint used your soundcards and they are still sealed in the box/packaging you should be able to get a refund.

Caveman

Bingo. The cards' boxes weren't shrinkwrapped and the only thing opened is one of the CD's jackets. But I figure that's just a piece of paper and shouldn't cause me too much grief. Here's hoping.

Go Back to forum