• Register
  • Help

Topic: Disable MIDI Program Change

Share/Bookmark

Disable MIDI Program Change

Is there a way to make GS ignore MIDI program changes? I.e., I want to load a GSP and have SONAR send stuff, but if an inadvertent program change gets through, then GS will ignore it.

Thanks in advance.
    Tyson

Re: Disable MIDI Program Change

Tyson,
    I have been told no. My MIDI controller (Studio Logic SL-1100) sends a lot of program changes by default. I had to disable them in the controller.

Maybe your MIDI interface, Sonar, or some other MIDI device on your network, has a way to filter them? Just an idea.

Cheers,
    Mark

Re: Disable MIDI Program Change

Thanks. I just so happen to have a MIDI dinosaur laying around ... JL Cooper MSB Rev 2, an 8x8 MIDI patch bay. Looked in the manual last night, and it has a MIDI Filter on Pgm Change. Guess I\'ll route Sierra Out to MSB In to Out back to Sierra In and thus into Giga ... oooh! Looks like I\'ll need 4 more short MIDI cables

Me thinks this (block Pgm Changes) should be a feature for the next release ... I\'m loading an orchestral gsp based upon the PS Advanced Orchestra and I (currently) DON\'T want SONAR sending patch changes to Giga. Thanks again.
    Tyson

Go Back to forum