• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Kompakt: differences with kompakt player

Share/Bookmark

Kompakt: differences with kompakt player

Hi,
    I'm using actually EWQL Silver with the kompakt player and I find that has a good performance (the first version, not the last).

I'd like to add also kompakt full edition to play other samples.

If someone is using it can tell me if has the same performance and how it works?

Thanks

Luca

Re: Kompakt: differences with kompakt player

I bought the Kompakt about 5 months ago and have had nothing but problems. The worst part of it is that NI does not properly support its products. Another thing I noticed was that many of the samples are incomplete. For example, the nylon string guitar does not have notes that go beyond about the 7th position.

I actually came to this board hoping to be able to get some of my Kompakt-related questions answered. I will post them later in a separate thread.

So if the player you got plays the sounds you bought well, don't just assume the whole package will work. Also, I suspect that if you get the whole package, you will not be able to play the EastWest sounds on it. Then you might have to load two Kompakts, the sample player and the full package, in order to play sounds from both. God knows what mischief that might create.

Regards,

Alan

Sorry for barging into your thread but I just bought kontakt and I am absolutely disappointed in NI! First of all I ordered 1.5 and recieved 1.002. It's useless as far as I can gather. My purpose was to use it with GOS lite and now I found out that can't be done because of it being and older version. For two days I've been emailing and calling NI with little or no results. I should have spent my hard earned cash on Sonar 3 Producer.
    Once again, my apologies for stepping in on your thread. Just felt you should know you are not alone. Good luck.
    Styxx

U have to go to the NI site and DL the latest update...1.53. Theres nothing wrong with Kontakt . It works great. Lots of people use it with no problems...Rich

Styxx, is what Rich says true, have you downloaded the updates? if so how are you faring? I ask because I'm in the middle of settling on a soft samp, having just gone thru an awful experience with buying the new Halion3 (and fortunately able to return it). Boy what a piece of junk, the AU component anyway. They didn't even test or beta with it if you can believe!
    So I was considering Kontakt as an option and to supplement EXS. I already have GPO and EWSQL Silver, and want to integrate these so thus my consideration of Kontakt. At this point I'd settle for a mostly functional program that won't bomb on me at the most crucial times, but would love to latch onto a program that I can believe and trust in for the longer haul. One of my reservations about Kontakt is the customer service aspect which I have heard is not up to snuff. Any sound advice is welcome from one and all.

I just purchased and installed Kontackt so that I could load up more than the eight programs in the EWQLSO Kompakt player. It installed without a hitch and it loaded up the multi files that I had created with Kompakt. It seems very stable too.

My only problem is getting accustomed to the GUI. I started using the magnifier in Windows accessories.

I think I have version 1.5. Any reason to upgrade to 1.53?

Does Kontakt work better on some OS? Does it work better on W2k or XP than on earlier versions of Windows?

Marko

I'm on a MAC G4 (previously always a PC guy) and with GPO and EWQLSO Silver I haven't had probs in Logic Pro, can't speak for PC no more. I'm cautiously optimistic that venturing into Kontakt will be maybe pleasurable and productive? There's always hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Marko
    I just purchased and installed Kontackt so that I could load up more than the eight programs in the EWQLSO Kompakt player. It installed without a hitch and it loaded up the multi files that I had created with Kompakt. It seems very stable too.

My only problem is getting accustomed to the GUI. I started using the magnifier in Windows accessories.

I think I have version 1.5. Any reason to upgrade to 1.53?

Does Kontakt work better on some OS? Does it work better on W2k or XP than on earlier versions of Windows?

Marko
    The lastest build (1.53 ) has some good bug fixes (better giga import etc..). XP is your best bet. Its tested and true on XP. All NI`s Insts. use small grafical knobs and such in there GUI`s. Under "Tools" theres a "use larger fonts" option. As well in "view" use the "bigger size. And in XP in your (right click on desktop) Display properties> apperances > use large fonts size as well as making your screen resolution 1024 x 768. That should help. Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RobbinsEgg
    I'm on a MAC G4 (previously always a PC guy) and with GPO and EWQLSO Silver I haven't had probs in Logic Pro, can't speak for PC no more. I'm cautiously optimistic that venturing into Kontakt will be maybe pleasurable and productive? There's always hope.
    I've heard some glowing reports of members upgrading to Kontakt (after downloading the dfd updates from the NI site) using the libraries you mentioned. The cool thing is that the upgrade itself is pro-rated so you can simply upgrade from your kompakt player - cool huh?

Check out the upgrade from Kompakt Player to Full Kontakt link. Scroll down to the third or fourth listing from the bottom - that's it at $249.

Yep, I'm aware of the upgrade, thanks! I think I'll do it this week.

Go Back to forum