• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Cakewalk 9.0 help needed.

OT: Cakewalk 9.0 help needed.

I was wondering how I would go about recording mutliple midi channels at once to seperate audio tracks?

Thanks in advance,

Adam Frechette
    "Rest in peace Jerry"

Re: OT: Cakewalk 9.0 help needed.

A few more details of what you wish to do would help. Do you mean individual MIDI tracks into individual audio-tracks? Or, the combined sound of MIDI tracks to two (L+R) audio tracks?

Yes individual midi tracks to individual audio tracks. But many at once. I don't want to record midi track by track. I want to record several at once to their own audio tracks. EG cellos to a cello.wav file etc...

Thanks in advance,

you can't really do 'em all at once.

With a multichannel card, say 8 inputs and 8 outputs, you could record a few tracks at a time using Giga's ports and the soundcard's ability to record its own Monitor signal.

You need to assign each Giga port a separate stereo out, say

Giga Port 1, soundcrad's out 1,2
    Port 2....out 3,4
    Port 3...out 5,6
    Port 4....out 7,8
    (leave one stereo pair for your sequencer to use)

Then within Cakewalk you'd need to set up a track to record whatever is coming out of the soundcard's out 1,2 and you'd need to solo the midi track(s) using Giga port 1

Boy, that's confusing...

Basically you can record individual Giga port signals which are routed to individual stereo outs of your soundcard.

Let me know if that makes sense to you.

What soundcard you using?

Primarily I am using 2 audiophile 2496's, 2 pc setup s/pdif connection. In the sequencing pc I also have a delta 44 but it seems that I cannot record from the 2496 to the delta 44, or can I use a cable from the 2496 to one of the delta 44's ins to record the signal?

Thanks in advance,

Adam Frechette

Go Back to forum