• Register
  • Help

Topic: FILTERING

Share/Bookmark

FILTERING

hELLO, I\'M CURRENTLY USING LE AND THINKING OF UPPING TO 32 WHEN IT IS RELEASED. WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS WETHER 32 OR ANY OF THE HIGHER VERSIONS ALLOW REALTIME FITERING OF SAMPLES USING A MIDI CONTROLLER LIKE A PHATBOY. I KNOW ABOUT DOING THIS THROUGH THE GS EDITOR, BUT THIS SEEMS LIKE A CONTRIVED WAY OF MAKING A MINOR CUTOFF ADJUSTMENT, AND MAKES FILTER SWEEPS IMPOSSIBLE.i WOULD THINK THAT REALTIME FILTERING WOULD BE A BASIC SAMPLER FUNCTION.ANY INFO WILL BE GREATLY APPRICIATED.THANKS

Re: FILTERING

Yes, you can assign MIDI controllers to filter parameters in the Giga editor so you can do sweeps, etc.

Re: FILTERING

Yes indeed just assign the cutoff to a midi controller and you will be able to sweep to your hearts delight. I\'d be wary of the phatBoy though because, from what I\'ve read, it has limited assignment possibilities. I use a Kenton Control Freak, which is completely programmable.... it\'s great.

There\'s nothing like `performing` those midi controllers in order to get that feel.. rather than programming them.

Go Back to forum