• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: orchestral piece as promised.

Share/Bookmark

orchestral piece as promised.

Ok so here it is.
    When is enough tweeking enough? I've put three months into this thing and think... Good enough. Been banging my head against the wall for too long.

This piece is truely an experiment. It is 3 themes all smashed together. I'm hopeing with a little feed back I will get new insight into this piece. I am mostly looking for realism factor. ( I know I have to work on dynamics and tempo.)

My next post will give a list of all the instruments used.

orchestra noodling

For now I'm going to go to bed and forget about it for once. LOL

Hope you enjoy. The middle section is my favorite part. You know, where it gets all pretty. I'm still sappy that way.
    88fingers
    (The Nut )

www.waveav8.com

Re: orchestral piece as promised.

I'm getting a message that the site is down for maintenance.

I see what you mean and I have no idea why it's like that. I guess we will have to wait a while and see if they get done with maintenence.

I went into my site and I saw that all my files are gone. I hope this is only temporary.

Sorry about the delay. I will look into this.
    88fingers
    (The Nut )

www.waveav8.com

Ok looks like they are done with the site work.
    88fingers
    (The Nut )

www.waveav8.com

Wish I could noodle like that. Very nice 88, but should I expect otherwise. You certainly have found your way around GPO.

WOW! WOW!

THAT is nice! Very creative use of ALL the groupings! I loved the syncopated ending! What a nice touch.

Thanks!!

Jerry Wickham

I've been listening to this piece for a while, and the melodies are now stuck in my head. I really like the use of brass, I can never seem to make them sound that good, especially when playing the harmony, but you did. I also enjoy that middle part that you mentioned very much. My brain always seems to look forward to listening to that part.

I'd be interested in looking at the score, if there is any way you can make that available. I'd like to take a closer look at the orchestration, especially of those brass instruments.

I think it's a great piece! Thank you for sharing!

Nevada Nut,

Great effort....they're right, the brass does sound good....look forward to hearing more.

Frank

88 Fingers! This is a great piece! It would be a very nice piece to hear live. Great work. It is economic and well thought out.

Jesse

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I really arpeciate them.

Here are the Overture files.
    I made one with full conductors score so that you may see how the whole thing developes. I also made a score where only the active instruments are shown. These are both pretty rough when it comes to the articualtion and expresion markings but at least you can see the over all workings of the orhcestra.
    When I figure out how to make a PDF file of the score I will post them.
    Enjoy.

Noodling full conductors score

Noodling active instruments only score

By the way. These include the intro that I was going to use but scrapped it.
    If you want to read along with the score the .mp3 starts at measure 8.
    88fingers
    (The Nut )

www.waveav8.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast