• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: In Memory of Ryan Miglierina

Orcas Island

In Memory of Ryan Miglierina

I regret to inform you of the passing of Ryan Miglierina (1980 - 2004). Ryan ran the Sonic Control forums. He would visit Northen Sounds often and although he didn't post much recently many of us knew him. Ryan had a passion for music and this was reflected in everything he did. His contribution to the music community was tremendous.

Ryan Miglierina of Calgary passed away suddenly as the result of a car accident near Hope, BC on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 at the age of 24 years. Ryan was born on April 18, 1980 in Calgary, AB. He was an accomplished musician and a creative and energetic composer whose abilities and experience included working as a producer, arranger, and orchestrator. Ryan studied music composition under the direction of John Abram. He was awarded a scholarship to study piano performance at the Mount Royal Conservatory of Music under the direction of Marcel Bergman. At the time of his death, Ryan was anticipating acceptance into the University of Calgary. Ryan was the founder, curator and content coordinator of SonicControl.com, and the founder of music and multimedia production label Port One Studios.

Ryan is survived by his loving parents, Mario and Lynne Miglierina; his brothers, Paul and Brent (Meghan), all of Calgary; his beloved girlfriend Melissa Anderson of Burnaby, BC; and numerous aunts, uncles, cousins, friends and colleagues across Canada and the United States. His love of music will always be remembered by those who knew and loved him. Services were held at St. Cecilia's Catholic Church on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 with the Rev. Henry Rosenbaum, Presider. To forward condolences go to www.mcinnisandholloway.com. The family respectfully requests that donations be made to the Ryan Miglierina Memorial Scholarship Fund at Mount Royal College. Donations may be made directly to "The Mount Royal College Foundation" in the name of Ryan Miglierina, Attention: Sue Lee, Mount Royal College, 4825 Mount Royal Gate S.W., Calgary, AB T3E 6K6 (Phone 403-440-7725). In living memory of Ryan Miglierina, a tree will be planted at Fish Creek Provincial Park by McINNIS & HOLLOWAY FUNERAL HOMES, Park Memorial Chapel, 5008 ELBOW DRIVE S.W., CALGARY. Telephone: 403-243-8200. 275308

We're going to miss Ryan.

Gary Garritan

Re: In Memory of Ryan Miglierina

Man that's terrible news. I was wondering why the site has been down the past few days. He'll be missed in the NS community.

We'd like to offer our condolences to Ryan’s family and friends. His contributions to this community will always be remembered. We'd like to acknowledge the hard work and commitment Ryan had put into sonic control over the years. For someone so young to have that much dedication and focus was incredible. He embodied what we considered the most important trait people in this community have, and that is a passion and a love for music.

He will be greatly missed.

PaPa Chalk & Desound

Noooo!! Is Ryan dead???? God this is really sad news...

my condolence to his girlfriend , friends and family.

Thomas Hansen Skarbye
    Singer, Bass Player, Composer
    & Creative Director, SCARBEE

www.scarbee.com & www.myspace.com/scarbee

Unhappy Re: In Memory of Ryan Miglierina

Another gut-check in a year of similar bad news. I have had a number of email conversations with Ryan, a person of dedication and passion. I do hope his site is maintained in his memory.
    Another sad day...

That's not supposed to happen. It's all too fragile.

My condolences to everyone who knew him.

I just heard about this an hour ago on the phone - it is terrible news. I only spoke to Ryan a couple of times - and they were always brief, he seemed so nice and dedicated.

He will be missed.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Wow!!!! This is really sad news.
    We are never guaranteed tomorrow, But one does not expect to have so few of them. Ryan had a honest passion for this craft, and made his impact, May he have peace. and watch over us.

May his family know the respect that ryan had acquired in such a short life.
    Your are in our thoughts deeply.

Not another one.
    My condolences to his friends and family. He was my age...

R.I.P. Ryan...

A sad and tragic loss for someone with so much talent, dedication and passion at such a young age. My sincere condolences to all of his loved ones. Rest in peace,

Go Back to forum