• Register
  • Help

Topic: Vienna's Horizon Series titles in HALion Format

Share/Bookmark

Vienna's Horizon Series titles in HALion Format

Dear All,

I'm very happy to announce that the first four products of the Vienna Symphonic Library HORIZON SERIES are now also available in HALion format:

Vienna Harps
    FX Percussion
    Glass & Stones
    Mallets

Every Horizon Series library comes with EXS24 mk II and GigaStudio formats on the install DVDs. For using these libraries in HALion, simply download the respective programs from the User Area of the Vienna Symphonic Library at http://www.vsl.co.at after registering the products. The programs are making use of the .wav files of the EXS version.

In the Fall of this year more products of Vienna's HORIZON SERIES will follow to be made available for the HALion sampler:

Opus 1
    Chamber Strings
    Solo Strings
    Epic Horns
    French Oboe
    Woodwind Ensembles
    Saxophones I
    Vienna Concert Guitar
    Overdrive (Performance Distortion Guitar)

All the best from Vienna,
    Martin Tichy
    Vienna Symphonic Library

Re: Vienna's Horizon Series titles in HALion Format

Amazing! Finally i can throw my mallets into Halion instead of having to boot up GS all thie time..Much better thanks VSL! Rich

Red face Re: Vienna's Horizon Series titles in HALion Format

Fantastic! Up to now I've largely avoided VSL because I didn't want to deal with running Halion & GS, but no more. I can already feel my credit card starting to itch.

Lightbulb Re: Vienna's Horizon Series titles in HALion Format

How large a download is the HALion version, Martin? Since HALion imports ".gig" is there anything inherently better/different about downloading versus importing?

Thanks .. inquiring minds want to know ... KevinKauai

Re: Vienna's Horizon Series titles in HALion Format

The download is not very large because you just have to download the .fxp files. The samples itsself are coming from the Database form the EXS-DVD. Cause the EXS24 mkII usese the same .wav files as HALion or Kontakt.

Cheers Bernd

Go Back to forum