• Register
  • Help

Topic: Vaguely Serial Chamber Piece

Share/Bookmark

Vaguely Serial Chamber Piece

http://www.greencow.pwp.blueyonder.c...rialkiller.mp3

Wahay!
    GPO!!!!
    Don't expect Mrs Deadbeat or Deadbeat junior to see me for a while.

Anyway. I'm a newbie to GPO, but not to composition. Here's a sort of naive take on twelve tone stuff, which I'm quite pleased with. I only got GPO a couple of days ago and I'm just itching to post a piece. It's a two minute intro.

Yeah, I know it's not fair to expect comments when I haven't reviewd anyone else's stuff, but hey, what would you be doing if you just got GPO?
    Regards

DB

Thumbs up Re: Vaguely Serial Chamber Piece

Quote Originally Posted by deadbeat
    http://www.greencow.pwp.blueyonder.c...rialkiller.mp3

Wahay!
    GPO!!!!
    Don't expect Mrs Deadbeat or Deadbeat junior to see me for a while.

Anyway. I'm a newbie to GPO, but not to composition. Here's a sort of naive take on twelve tone stuff, which I'm quite pleased with. I only got GPO a couple of days ago and I'm just itching to post a piece. It's a two minute intro.

Yeah, I know it's not fair to expect comments when I haven't reviewd anyone else's stuff, but hey, what would you be doing if you just got GPO?
    Regards

DB
    Wahay to you Deadbeat!

For having GPO only a couple of days you have mastered some of the important Jedi GPO skills, young Deadbeat. Very nice work with the solo strings. The composition itself was refreshing and well done, never static and had a nice flow. And good balance between the instruments. This is just the intro?

I am looking forward to hearing more of your work. Hope you don't mind if this makes it to the GPO demo page.

Thanks for posting this and regards to Mrs. Deadbeat and Deadbeat Jr.

Gary Garritan

Re: Vaguely Serial Chamber Piece

twelve tone stuff
    It's tonal enough for my ears. It's realistic and good!
    Somehow I hear 2 dimensions in this short excerpt - orchestra in a big concert hall (up to 1:12) and ensemble recorded in studio (canon). Is that what you wanted?
    How did you do that perfect Violin accent at the end?
    sfiks

Very authentic sounding in the genre. The timpani? with lots of reverb like rumbling thunder was very effective.

Frank

Thank you for the positive comments. I'm not scared of a bit of criticism though.

Gary I'd be delighted if this makes the Demo page!

Sfiks. I'm not sure about that. It certainly has two very feels in the first and second part, but if they sound like they were recorded in different places I need to fix that. Thanks for the perspective.
    The accents were just steep curves drawn in on cubase's mod controller lane. Is that what you mean?

Go Back to forum