• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: hating America again and again and again

Share/Bookmark

hating America again and again and again

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    first off can someone explain cleary what Anti-American actually means?

2nd isnt it blatantly obvious what the psychological tactic is here!!

which is to silence dissent

3rd why do the right need the tactic in the first place, isnt rational discourse good enougth for you, do you fear something?

4th has anyone ever heard of an Anti-Russion or Anti-Fijian whats so special about America that it gets this kind of preferential treatment

Banned

Re: hating America again and again and again

That kind of mind control is actually quite easy to break:

-Just accept the label "they" put on you!

Believe me, you will feel like you got your balls back real quick... And watch them run away in tears...

Here you go:
    http://www.jibjab.com/

The Russians can have an "anti-Russian" term just as soon as you can show me an internet forum, a good number of books, movies, songs, or renowned intellectuals (such as Chomsky) that are expressly defamatory to Russians just because they're Russian. As it stands, I know many anti-Communism books and films from the Cold War era, but I don't know of any anti-Russian ones. Similarly, there aren't any anti-Russian Chomskys out there that I know of, nor are there internet forums I've seen where posters who are identified as being Russian are immediately flamed and degraded simply because they're Russian. I don't know of any tendency of Europeans or others to poke fun at and insult Russians simply because of their nationality. So far as I am aware, there is no phrase such as "ugly Russian" as there is for Americans. The Russians today do not take the blame for all the world's ills (even though a good number of them were responsible for a good number of them) while America does. Are you beginning to get the point now?

Now the French, they can have the term "anti-French".

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Wright
    The Russians can have an "anti-Russian" term just as soon as you can show me an internet forum, a good number of books, movies, songs, or renowned intellectuals (such as Chomsky) that are expressly defamatory to Russians just because they're Russian. As it stands, I know many anti-Communism books and films from the Cold War era, but I don't know of any anti-Russian ones. Similarly, there aren't any anti-Russian Chomskys out there that I know of, nor are there internet forums I've seen where posters who are identified as being Russian are immediately flamed and degraded simply because they're Russian. I don't know of any tendency of Europeans or others to poke fun at and insult Russians simply because of their nationality. So far as I am aware, there is no phrase such as "ugly Russian" as there is for Americans. The Russians today do not take the blame for all the world's ills (even though a good number of them were responsible for a good number of them) while America does. Are you beginning to get the point now?

Now the French, they can have the term "anti-French".
    well can you give a definition of Anti-American?
    once you have done that than show me how exactly Chomsky fits the definition

I think I already did, charles.

But just to humor you, which I know I shouldn't, I'll be more explicit. I view anti-Americanism as an irrational fear or hatred of America and/or Americans. Some times this takes the form of hating Americans sheerly out of prejudice not unlike the prejudice involved in racism. Other times, it takes the form, as in Chomsky's case, of finding every possible thing you can that is wrong with America, every possible thing you can criticize, fair or not.

Basically, anti-Xism - be it France, America, whatever - is the same as racism, only it's about nationality rather than race.

As for how Chomsky fits that definition, he exhibits his anti-Americanism through his constant desire to find things to hate about America and things to criticize about America - even though many of his criticisms are unfair and many times irrational. He also exhibits it in his moral support of America's enemies, despite the fact that some times those who he supports are far worse than America on the very same points where he criticizes America.

I think I already did, charles.

But just to humor you, which I know I shouldn't, I'll be more explicit. I view anti-Americanism as an irrational fear or hatred of America and/or Americans. Some times this takes the form of hating Americans sheerly out of prejudice not unlike the prejudice involved in racism. Other times, it takes the form, as in Chomsky's case, of finding every possible thing you can that is wrong with America, every possible thing you can criticize, fair or not.

Basically, anti-Xism - be it France, America, whatever - is the same as racism, only it's about nationality rather than race.

As for how Chomsky fits that definition, he exhibits his anti-Americanism through his constant desire to find things to hate about America and things to criticize about America - even though many of his criticisms are unfair and many times irrational. He also exhibits it in his moral support of America's enemies, despite the fact that some times those who he supports are far worse than America on the very same points where he criticizes America.
    but this is the problem, cant you see that the term even if i accept your definition ( which i dont) can be abused, this is all i am trying to say, that the term can be used as part of a tactic of psychological control, and on another note there are many levels a country can be looked at, ok for example, i listen to a lot of American music, now you would not under normal circumstances call me a Pro-American, why because there is no real need to, on the other hand if i say your Foreign policy is unjust you will call me Anti-American, so my point is the term is used as a psychological tactic, like patriotism to silence dissent. If Chomsky wasnt influence would anyone be bother about calling him Anti-American, of course not, it is only because he is influential that the tactic is used to silence not so much him because he is a very strong individual but to silence people from reading him by tainting him with the term which supposedly makes him unpatriotic, so again it is pure psychology, so can you respond to my post from that perspective that is as a means of silencing disent, because if your overall philosophy is the freedom of the individual you should also be against this means of silencing thought

You must learn to think rationally and objectively, charles. I never said that criticism of the US's foreign policy warrants the term "anti-Americanism". I clearly said that IRRATIONAL and UNFAIR criticism of the US is anti-American.

If you criticized us where we needed criticism and applauded us where we deserved applauds, then there's no way I would call you anti-American. But people like Chomsky, and others I know (incedentally from Australia), spend an unusual amount of time trying to dig up every possible point upon which America can be criticized while ignoring even worse problems elsewhere, and even applauding worse problems elsewhere simply because they oppose America.

Can't you see that such a behavior deserves to be called "anti-American"? Would you not say that an irrational hatred of France and the French is anti-French? Wouldn't you say that an obsession with attacking and criticizing France while ignoring even worse problems elsewhere is anti-French? So why doesn't this same standard apply to America?

Would you not say that an irrational hatred of France and the French is anti-French? Wouldn't you say that an obsession with attacking and criticizing France while ignoring even worse problems elsewhere is anti-French? So why doesn't this same standard apply to America?
    But Brady, the French suck.

You must learn to think rationally and objectively, charles. I never said that criticism of the US's foreign policy warrants the term "anti-Americanism". I clearly said that IRRATIONAL and UNFAIR criticism of the US is anti-American.

If you criticized us where we needed criticism and applauded us where we deserved applauds, then there's no way I would call you anti-American. But people like Chomsky, and others I know (incedentally from Australia), spend an unusual amount of time trying to dig up every possible point upon which America can be criticized while ignoring even worse problems elsewhere, and even applauding worse problems elsewhere simply because they oppose America.

Can't you see that such a behavior deserves to be called "anti-American"? Would you not say that an irrational hatred of France and the French is anti-French? Wouldn't you say that an obsession with attacking and criticizing France while ignoring even worse problems elsewhere is anti-French? So why doesn't this same standard apply to America?
    ok so it comes down to what we can objectively define as Valid RATIONAL OBJECTIVITY

so my question is does Chomsky have to reiterate the whole history of human civilisation every time he choose's to be critical of American Foreign policy?

i have had this argument before and i have thought about it a great deal and i still come back to the same thing, if your media and your countries motives were transparent Chomsky would not be around at all , what yourpercieve as a disspraporinate amount of focus on his part is related to the corrupt nature of your media, and the lack of transperancy concerning your countries imperial ambitions

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast