• Register
  • Help

Topic: Left-Handed Keyswitching? TenCrazy.com MFX Synnister Symmetry!

Share/Bookmark

Left-Handed Keyswitching? TenCrazy.com MFX Synnister Symmetry!

In today's online chat today, Nicole had brought up the notion that left-handed players might like their keyswitching range on the right-hand (upper) side of the keyboard.

Figured I'd pipe up and mention that an old plugin of mine can do this on MFX-capable systems. You can use TenCrazy.com MFX Synnister Symmetry to map a window of your keyboard to be any range of pitches in any scaling (including right to left, thus the name). After a little configuration, you can move your keyswitching range anywhere you'd like!

Link is in my signature. Have fun!

EDIT: That is, if I *had* a signature after the forum reset! Still, it's easy to figure out from the rest of this post: http://www.TenCrazy.com

- m

Re: Left-Handed Keyswitching? TenCrazy.com MFX Synnister Symmetry!

Quote Originally Posted by Markleford
    In today's online chat today, Nicole had brought up the notion that left-handed players might like their keyswitching range on the right-hand (upper) side of the keyboard.

Figured I'd pipe up and mention that an old plugin of mine can do this on MFX-capable systems. You can use TenCrazy.com MFX Synnister Symmetry to map a window of your keyboard to be any range of pitches in any scaling (including right to left, thus the name). After a little configuration, you can move your keyswitching range anywhere you'd like!

Link is in my signature. Have fun!

EDIT: That is, if I *had* a signature after the forum reset! Still, it's easy to figure out from the rest of this post: http://www.TenCrazy.com

- m
    Neat, not so much im left handed as more of a pianist thing in that I just often like to use the left for lower end stuff since either hand is just as capable I found that keyswitching would be simpler "live" with the bass patches if they were above the range(can always crossover, not such an uncommon thing. But alas I dislike the cheap 88 key wieghted controller I was givin. Its a horrible monstrosity. It just has a wheel/bender and no programs. Its really beaten up and was simply given to me lol. The non weighted ones I have played around with before and I cant see how people get used to that. I feel like I would break those plastic thin keys! Nothing beats a piano. Someone add a mod wheel and midi port to my piano please! Cant afford anything better!

Thanks Markelford for listening and going about this.
    Nicole Davis

That's really cool Markleford -

You really have given alot to this community - thanks once again.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

That is synnister and a brilliant idea. Being able to move keywitch ranges will be of real help with the new updates which will have more keyswitch options.

Best of all, it will immediately cure those that suffer from Levophobia (things to the left side of the body)

Thank you again Markleford for writing and sharing another great plug-in.

Gary Garritan

How's that work if you play by "ear"? Or, does that depend on which ear you use?

What chat? I think I've been barred from the chat, cat!

Nicole, aren't you tired of standing in that position yet?
    Styxx

Go Back to forum