• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Giga Batch Conversion

Share/Bookmark

Giga Batch Conversion

Heh. This thing is a pain. I just converted all of Diva to Kontakt format, but when I load the instruments and go into the mapping editor I click on the onscreen keyboard and it dies. What the heck did I do wrong. When I converted them individually they did fine, is this a bug in the batch convert?

Re: Giga Batch Conversion

At least you have Giga Batch Conversion. After the big guy at NI said to uninstall and sent me the supposedly right version 1.5, there is no such thing as Giga Batch Conversion. I tried to find it on their website only to come up with nothing. As for the keyboard that disappears, same thing happened to me. I just thought it was a because of the older version. After downloading for 1 1/2 hours nothing changed.
    Styxx

Well, I take it all back, it seems to do it even with the samples that came with the thing so I don't know what's going on.

I can't find the files after conversion. I followed your instructions but must have missed something somewhere. Am I looking in the wrong place?
    Styxx

One thing you could try is running a search on your computer for .nki files and see what comes up. I can't remember what the default directory is but another solution would be to look in your C: drive then programs, then find Kontakts folder and look around in there for it. Searching the hard drive would probably be a good idea, should be start, find, then files and folders, then search for *.nki exactly as I've typed it there and see what comes up and you should be able to find out where it put them by doing that.

Has anyone found where Kontakt places the samples after the conversion?I'm having the same problem. It seems like Kontakt is doing the conversion,but it never asks you where you want the files saved as it does when you convert a single file.

Thanks,

Tom

Giga converting is easy and straightforward..
    1)In the Kontakt browser,locate the main giga folder where your sub folders with the gig files are placed (e.g in VSL this would be "01 Violin Ens.-14)
    2)Left click (highlight it)
    3) Choose GigaPatch convertion from the Tools menu
    4) Kontakt will show u the destination directory and ask u to choose which folder u want the gig patchs and samples to be converted into .nki`s to
    5) sit back,leter rip and enjoy those progress bars...
    6) Go to the destination folder that u picked and load in the newly converted .nki `s
    You`ve probably already discovered this by now so this post will be obvious and redundant but...wahtever..have a good weekend, Rich

Yes, thanks Rich. I figured it out. I wasn't actually selecting the file
    inside the disk. You have to go at least one level down from the top level disk icon.for example, I was selecting the Disk E icon instead of clicking on that until it opens and then select "all partitions."

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Pell
    Giga converting is easy and straightforward..
    1)In the Kontakt browser,locate the main giga folder where your sub folders with the gig files are placed (e.g in VSL this would be "01 Violin Ens.-14)
    2)Left click (highlight it)
    3) Choose GigaPatch convertion from the Tools menu
    4) Kontakt will show u the destination directory and ask u to choose which folder u want the gig patchs and samples to be converted into .nki`s to
    5) sit back,leter rip and enjoy those progress bars...
    6) Go to the destination folder that u picked and load in the newly converted .nki `s
    You`ve probably already discovered this by now so this post will be obvious and redundant but...wahtever..have a good weekend, Rich

I've done this all correctly, converting all of AO...but when I load from the destination file, KONTAKT often says that it cannot find the samples! This is not true for all instruments and I do not see a pattern...by the way I am on MAC.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Edi
    I've done this all correctly, converting all of AO...but when I load from the destination file, KONTAKT often says that it cannot find the samples! This is not true for all instruments and I do not see a pattern...by the way I am on MAC.

Ed
    I see the exact same behavior with some of my Giga conversions. When I ignore the error, the instruments seems to load correctly, it's just a nuisance.

Go Back to forum