• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Where do I find on NI Website

Share/Bookmark

Question Where do I find on NI Website

The so called illusive "Giga Batch Conversion" update for Kontakt?
    Styxx

Re: Where do I find on NI Website

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    The so called illusive "Giga Batch Conversion" update for Kontakt?
    Kontakt Updates Page

You'll need to log in and have Kontakt (version 1.5) registered before downloading the 1.5.3 update.

Oh yeah thanks I appreciate the link. This is the same download the rep sent me last night twice. It took an hour an a half via dial up connection to download each time. Each time there was no such "Batch Conversion" in the tools on Kontakt. I am to call him again Monday if this didn't work out. He said the version I received initially WAS NOT the correct and shouldn't have been sent. Looks as if I have to wait another week before receiving the correct version. The update will not amend to the this old version.
    Styxx

Have you copied the GOS gig files to the hard drive first? Do this first and then go to the GOS folder inside of Kontakt. Then click on the Tools menu and the option should be there. Also, can you see the .gig files? You may need to check this in the option that displays the various file types.

As I write this I am downloading 1.53U update. Something that was never sent to me the first two times yesterday in an email from NI. Due to dial up I waited 1 hour an a half each download. Now, I am waiting another hour and a half. The first kontakt purchased through the NI website was version 1.002.
    The second sent to me from NI via email was version 1.50U. The third was the same as the second, 1.50U. That was after asking for 1.53U. We shall see if this version has the Giga Batch Conversion in the tools menu. Otherwise, I have no idea what the hell to do if it is not.
    It's a good think NI does not make automobiles or the German market would surely suffer.
    Styxx

If it truely is the 1.53 update the batch conversion should be there. But considering your experience I wouldn't hold my breath, lest I die of suffocation.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    If it truely is the 1.53 update the batch conversion should be there. But considering your experience I wouldn't hold my breath, lest I die of suffocation.
    Well, guess what. It was not truly 1.5.3U. It was 1.5.0U! After calling and demanding to talk to some sort of head personnel they finally admitted they were not AND DID NOT send me the right order. I indeed ordered 1.5.3U as stated on their data information in sales. So, they gave me the option of waiting till I received a different one in the mail or downloading from the site. I downloaded and it is indeed 1.5.3U with the giga batch converter in the tools drop down menu as described by so many users on this forum.
    Joseph, thanks for the help. Now to learn how to use it. Batch conversion is not in the manual.
    Styxx

Do you still have the email I sent the other day. I hope that it will help with how to use the batch converter.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Do you still have the email I sent the other day. I hope that it will help with how to use the batch converter.
    Like everyone says, it's fairly easy to convert once one has the correct version and the batch conversion tool. I followed your instructions to the letter and waited the period it took to convert. The only problem is, where did the converted files go?
    Lot to learn so little time.
    Styxx

There is a bug converting to a new folder. I always convert to the same folder the gig files are in. Works everytime.

Go Back to forum