• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Emperor and Old Lady..WOW!!!

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Emperor and Old Lady..WOW!!!

I got the Emperor and Old Lady Pianos from Mike Post (the Gold bundle). Wow, Wow, Wow, and Wow!!!!

Awesome!!!
    Best piano libraries I have yet heard. When (if) Giga3 comes out, they get even better. Highly Recommended.

Brian
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Re: Emperor and Old Lady..WOW!!!

I was equally as impressed. I've been using the Emperor more than the Old Lady - but they are both wonderful. Did you read the insert on the mechanism used to sample such even velocities? Very cool stuff - and it resulted in a very smooth, quality lib.

Thanks again Michiel.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

I bought only Old Lady, but I have to say that this is THE sampled piano...
    Jan Nemecek
    www.jannemecek.net

Thumbs up Re: Emperor and Old Lady..WOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lastufka

I was equally as impressed. I've been using the Emperor more than the Old Lady - but they are both wonderful. Did you read the insert on the mechanism used to sample such even velocities? Very cool stuff - and it resulted in a very smooth, quality lib.

Thanks again Michiel.
    Yea Alan! Cool Stuff!!!

I bought the Giga 2 version. When giga 3 comes, we get a free update. It will use the IR and convolution stuff!!

In the meantime, I ported them over to Kontakt and reprogrammed them so that they would take advantage of the pedal up and down samples. It even includes the piano’s mechanics (body res etc..). I also blatantly stole some of Xavier’s and Olivier’s programming ideas and made sympathetic resonance and pedal down effects (thanks guys! ). The results are mind boggling. I tried to email Mr. Post to see if I could get the nki and nkm files for Kontakt (haven’t heard from him yet) but still I got it to sound great.

I bought only Old Lady, but I have to say that this is THE sampled piano...

At first I was so taken with the 290 that I kind of ignored the Old Lady. But once I got it going real well, the Old Lady is equally impressive. I mean you can “feel” the wood!! I still like the Galaxy for some stuff, but the Old Lady has more bottom end (for my taste at least). Mainly, you feel as though you are playing a piano and not a library. Great stuff!!

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Hey, what exactly is the difference between Emperor and Old Lady? Are they two different pianos that have been sampled?
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tgfoo
    Hey, what exactly is the difference between Emperor and Old Lady? Are they two different pianos that have been sampled?
    Exactly ... Old Lady is a 1923 Steinway D and Emperor is a Bosendorfer 290 SE...
    Jan Nemecek
    www.jannemecek.net

Hi all,
    Wow, very nice words. Thank you very much for your comments!

Brian, I'm very interested in your patches.
    Can you re-send your email or use a PM on this forum? I have a lot of email these days (>500 each week and there's even more in my spambox...).

I also have new Kontakt patches from Xavier Bidault, hope to post them today!
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Yes, I really love these two pianos too.

I sent my v2.01 patches to Michiel featuring the same things that others pianos I already improved. And I took time to really set the release layer too.

While waiting for Kontakt 2.0, I amused myself doing another thing :

I imported the pedal down nki into Gigastudio (with CdXtract) and activated the "piano release mode" and "self mask". Then I lauched kontakt with the pedal up and release layer and Gigastudio with the pedal down layer.

It works very well and I have best of both :
    - real string behaviour and some features of my accurate release behaviour with kontakt
    - best pedal down effect with giga (best resonance using self mask and pedal FX during note release with piano release mode), and still in realtime.

http://jazzphoton.free.fr

Hi Xavier,
    This is an interesting way to combine the best of both worlds...

Anyway, your patches are online on our website. The direct links to the Kontakt multi's:
    EMPEROR 2.01 XB
    and OLD LADY 2.01 XB

They work fine over here and improve the original programs a lot!
    Thanks for your fine job!
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Thanks Xavier for the patches (and Michiel of course for making THE pianos in the first place)!
    Jan Nemecek
    www.jannemecek.net

Go Back to forum