• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gpo Great, what happened to Giga?

Share/Bookmark

Gpo Great, what happened to Giga?

I've been enjoying the simple yet musical tools of GPO for quite some time now. I haven't touched Giga in several months, but the other day i was reaching for the Nemesys giga piano and i couldn't get the midi signals thru to it from my Mac sequencer. I'm wondering if GPO might have disconnected Giga? I also have VSL, so i know that i have to open the performance tool first. The in-port in the VSL Performance tool has my "WC/PCI 1" selected, the outport has "Nemesys midi out 1." In Giga under settings/midi-in, my "WC/PCI port 1" is followed by the message that it's in use by the WC/PCI port 1. The only other ports available are 4 marble midi-in ports, and WC/PCI port 2.

Can anyone tell me what in-ports should be selected in Giga? Did GPO rewire my ports? I also have GPO studio.

Rick

Re: Gpo Great, what happened to Giga?

Check your audio ports. GPO may be using one the Giga used to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn
    Check your audio ports. GPO may be using one the Giga used to use.
    hello Haydn,
    I can get audio if i click on Gigastudio's virtual keyboard. The little keyboard on the left of the screen is flashing red. I wonder if that has anything to do with the problem?

Thanks,
    Rick

Problem solved ! I don't know why but i unplugged the midi chord and plugged it back in and it works ?? The same midi chord that had no problems with the Kontakt player of GPO all in the same computer!? ????????? oh well.

Rick

Go Back to forum