• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Finding my Way" have a listen please

Share/Bookmark

Smile "Finding my Way" have a listen please

Hey everybody, Just posted this on GPO forum last week and thought I'd see what the rest of NS thought of it. It is all GPO with a bit of SOV. Sorry it is a bit quiet but it's not on my domain and I havent wanted to bug Alan about reposting a gain-boosted version yet. It's also a bit compressed to fit in the email I used to send it so please accept the MP3 artifacts. Have a good day.
    http://www.fallofautumn.com/FindingMyWay.mp3
    Eric W

Thumbs up Re: "Finding my Way" have a listen please

Eric, it's the most beautiful piece I have ever heard with the use of samples. Everytime I listen to peoples songs they're so incredibly loud and up front. And even if your song was not in mp3 and boosted...it would just be even better and still not so loud....AMAZING composition, I love the piano, the strings...aaaah and the clarinet. Are those double basses GPO too?

You don't know how much I envy you right now. Nice work Watkins!!!

Re: "Finding my Way" have a listen please

Thanks for the kind words. All of the instrumentation is from GPO, basses included. The only thing that is different are the vocals which are from Spectrasonics' "Symphony of Voices. I cant say enough good about GPO. It doesnt have all the articulations of the bigger libraries but it really excels at slower and more pretty pieces I think. Gary is also planning some updates for the library that will really help with writing a wider variety of styles including more fast stacatto types of music. Thanks again.

Eric W

Thumbs up Re: "Finding my Way" have a listen please

Should be working now. I just tried it.

The dynamics are great too. Very convincing.
    Michael Peter

If music be the food of love...
    play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

This sounded really great! I had to turn the volume almost all the way up to hear it though, and there near the end I about jumped out my seat when the dynamic changed!
    I do not regret the things I've done, but those I was unable to do.

Eric, I loved this when I heard it on the GPO site. I like it even more now....a truly beautiful piece......I don't know why Gary didn't have it in his demos.....definitely one of the best melodic pieces.

Very inspiring

Frank

Very nice, Eric. I played it while I was starting work this morning and it was sort of calming. I didn't listen to details, just listened and liked.

Go Back to forum