• Register
  • Help

Topic: minor bug: bassoon solo 1

Share/Bookmark

minor bug: bassoon solo 1

This sound (bn 1) is programmed with the pedal function backwards, ie pedal UP gives the UNtongued version and down gives the tongued version. Bn 2 solo is normal.

Re: minor bug: bassoon solo 1

Belkina,

I’ve just examined the Bassoon 1 programming. I checked group sample start offsets and group cc64 assignments and everything appears to be in order. Are you examining these in the full version of Kontakt? I am, of course, looking at the latest beta version but I don’t recall making any changes to the Bassoon 1 legato function (although I can never be too sure about my memory) so this should be consistent with the latest released version. Listening to the Bassoon 1 on my system the pedal up samples are clearly tongued and the pedal down samples clearly adjusted for slurs so I’m at a loss to explain your findings. If you have any additional information feel free to contact (Kontakt?) Gary or me directly.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    Belkina,

IÕve just examined the Bassoon 1 programming. I checked group sample start offsets and group cc64 assignments and everything appears to be in order. Are you examining these in the full version of Kontakt? I am, of course, looking at the latest beta version but I donÕt recall making any changes to the Bassoon 1 legato function (although I can never be too sure about my memory) so this should be consistent with the latest released version. Listening to the Bassoon 1 on my system the pedal up samples are clearly tongued and the pedal down samples clearly adjusted for slurs so IÕm at a loss to explain your findings. If you have any additional information feel free to contact (Kontakt?) Gary or me directly.

Tom
    Hi Tom,

Thanks for replying! :-) I don't have the full version of Kontakt, so I can only go by ear - but my ears are professional, with around 25 years orchestral experience! The only other explanation I can think of is perhaps bn. 1 was recorded with a gentler tonguing than bn. 2, and thus when you try to play stacc with the ped. UP, it sounds like the note never quite gets started. Maybe bn. 2 just has a faster attack?

Hi Tom,

You also might want to look at the loop points on Contratuba Solo notes D#1 and E1. There is a very noticeable "bump" on these after about two seconds.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    Listening to the Bassoon 1 on my system the pedal up samples are clearly tongued and the pedal down samples clearly adjusted for slurs
    I checked that on my system with Kontakt player 1.0.2.008 (GPO as DXi)
    CC64 = 0 - perfectly tongued,
    CC64 = 127 - slured
    Bassoon 2 has definetly more bite.
    sfiks

Just so there is no confusion: 0=pedal up, 127=pedal down.

Tom

Go Back to forum