• Register
  • Help

Topic: Adding Instruments to the Rack in Kontakt

Share/Bookmark

Adding Instruments to the Rack in Kontakt

I've created a multi with 12 instruments and these correspond to 12 MIDI tracks on my sequencer. Whenever I try to add a new instrument, it is not added as the last instrument on the rack but inserts itself between instruments 9 and 10. How can I add an instrument to this multi so that it appears at the bottom of the rack as number 13?

Thanks.

Marko

Re: Adding Instruments to the Rack in Kontakt

Inst. should fall into order as you double-click them from the brower or from the load/save tab to "new inst.". They might get un-arranged if u try and drag and drop programs from the browser to the rack. Know what i mean? Rich

Besides, the possion in the rack doesn't have anything to do with the asigned MIDI channel.

Yeah this could be better implemented... I usually just delete the instruments that don't line up correctly, install the new setup and be done with it. Kontakt should have an option for instrument order. Some of us like continuity... a little too much if you're me!

Yeah, have to agree with that

It seems that the newer versions of Kontakt will dump instruments right into the middle of the rack. This didn't use to happen to me a few months ago. They would always go to the bottom of the rack back then. Maybe it gets changed when you edit and save an instrument but I haven't been able to verify that. There isn't any other way of controlling how the instruments are added to the rack that I know of.

Yes. I noticed that the instruments line up consecutively when I first build a multi, but when I call up a created multi and add a new instrument, the new instrument often appears in the middle of the rack, as Haydn says.

Go Back to forum