• Register
  • Help

Topic: Audiophile and Gigastudio problem

Share/Bookmark

Audiophile and Gigastudio problem

Hello,
    I have an Audiophile 2496 for the last two years. Recently, when I play a sound with e.g. winamp I can not get any sound from gigastudio. I looks like I can not play audio from two different software simultaneously. Even in Nuendo I can not have an audio track and a midi track(sent to gigastudio) play together.

I didn't have this problem in the past. Does anyone have any idea?

Drivers version 5.10.00.0042

Thanks.

Astrahhan

Re: Audiophile and Gigastudio problem

That is what happens to me as well. Usually I can get sound, but it is really slooooowwww. I don't remember it happening with earlier driver versions, but I encounter it all the time now.

I think that should be the drivers. Have you email M-Audio?

Its the newest driver, I make a point of keeping the soundcard drivers up to date. It's only a problem when two programs are vying for the same drivers. If I use different drivers in the applications then I'm alright (eg ASIO drivers in Cubase and GSIF drivers in Giga.) But this is curious anyway since the drivers are supposed to be multi-client. It may be program related since some of these programs may grab the drivers and will not allow other applications to use them simultaneously. Just a thought...

I just got the following answer from M-Audio support:
    ------------------------------------
    Hello,

It is usually not possible to use the same drivers with multiple applications. Make sure that you are using different formats (i.e. ASIO, MME, WDM etc). However, because we do not design our cards to do this, you may have to revert to the previous drivers that do allow this.

It is always advisable to follow the "if not broke don't fix" policy of driver updating. Do not update a working driver unless the update addresses a specific issue you are experiencing within the release notes on the download page. Driver updates very rarely add any functionality to the device, they are usually updated to fix bugs and keep up with operating system updates as well as recording application updates.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

-JC
    M-Audio Technical Support
    ------------------------------

So, for M-audio is not a good policy to update drivers... I thought that new drivers fix problems and not create new!

If anybody can help, please?

Astrahhan

Finally, I updated the drivers to version 5.10.00.46 and the problem solved!

Astrahhan

Don't forget to set the "MultiTrack Driver Device" to "Independant" on the Hardware Settings tab of the Delta control panel.

Thanks Bill. I did it!
    What does it realy do?

Astrahhan

It allows different outputs to be used by different apps

Thanks for the help.

Astrahhan

Go Back to forum