• Register
  • Help

Topic: harp packets

Share/Bookmark

harp packets

What do I need to do with the "harp packets" folder on disc 4 of Garritan PO? Where do I send this to open it ,etc.?

Rick

Re: harp packets

I'm not sure I understand your question: "Where do I send this to open it ,etc.?" Could you clarify?

Tom

Dear Tom,

I think he has the same question as I have. How do these harppackages function? How do you use them to be able to play glissando's on the white keys of your keyboard? I didn't really understand the manual. I think I have to choose a key and copy it to the same track as where I'd record the glissando. Is that it, or am I totally wrong?

Regards, Peter

Rick and Peter,

If this is indeed just a question about how to use the harp MIDI packets then this is a subject that has been covered in detail on the forum. Do a search on "harp MIDI packets" and you will find many threads. Here's one of them:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...p+midi+packets

Tom

P.S. Whenever you have a question about a feature/function first try using key words in a search of the forum. Chances are you will find that the subject has been discussed in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by sunra
    What do I need to do with the "harp packets" folder on disc 4 of Garritan PO? Where do I send this to open it ,etc.?
    You don't mention what sequencer platform you are using, but if it is by chance DP, Gary has posted my tutorial for using the harp gliss packets in DP. It might even be helpful if you are using another sequencer:

http://www.garritan.com/GPO-DigitalPerformerPage.html

Brian

No,my question was very basic in that I didn`t know how to get the actual packet to Sonar. I figured it out though

Rick

No,my question was very basic in that I didn`t know how to get the actual packet to Sonar. I figured it out though

Rick

Sunra,

Since you use Sonar, there are also Sonar harp packets available for dowload on the GPO-Sonar Page - http://www.garritan.com/GPO-SonarPage.html You may find these more suited to Sonar than the MIDI packets in disc 4.

Charles Green has converted the GPO MIDI Harp Packets into individual two measure MIDI Groove Clips. The clips have been organized into seperate folders by key. The program change controls are at the beginning of each clip so that the user can reduce the size of the clip to a single beat if desired. Once dragged into position on a seperate track pointed to the same channel as the Glissando Harp, one can take the mouse and reduce the length if desired by dragging the end of the clip to the left. This approach saves memory and tracks in the current project while making it easy in SONAR to select the required Harp Packet.

Hope this helps.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum