• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS3 and GPO

GS3 and GPO

Just wondering since GS3 offers VST compatibility, will GPO work as a VSTi within GS3 or is GS3 restricted to effects only and not VSTis? From my point of view, being able to use both on one machine at the same time without hiccups would be a great bonus. Any thoughts?

Re: GS3 and GPO

My understanding is that GS3 will only host VST effects, not instruments. (But don't quote me on that.)
    Dan Powers

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Chandler, Arizona

GS3 will only support VST effects. Best bet is to get the Giga VST Adapter by FX-Max. This will allow you to use GS3 and GPO in a sequencer that has VST host support.

From my understanding, they are planning to release an update to Gigastudio 3 that will host VSTi's in the future, but since we haven't even seen anything on the normal release, I don't know if and when this would occur. From a first hand basis, I can tell you that the Giga VST adapter from FX-Max is wonderful and I've personally ran it alongside GPO with no problems at all. I ran Kontakt as a VST, Giga wrapped as a VST, and GPO all at once. It was like a dream come true.

Thanks for the response guys. Sounds like there are options after all. I'll have to check out the VST wrapper.

Well, I just installed GS 2.5 yesterday, but it won't run, and now GPO won't accept MIDI input. I'm aware that there are problems running both on one computer. I wonder if this VST wrapper will help?

(Or maybe I'll just sit tight till GS3 comes out. I really only bought GS 2.5 so I could qualify for cheap upgrade pricing on GS3)
    Dan Powers

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Go Back to forum