• Register
  • Help

Topic: FLStudio and GPO "tutorial"

Share/Bookmark

FLStudio and GPO "tutorial"

Hi,

There have been some question on how to set up FLStudio with GPO (and similar plug-ins) on various forums, so in an attempt to help people out, I once stated that I'd write a tutorial and make some template files.

I've uploaded a first draft to http://www.fredrikblom.com/tutorials..._FLStudio.html, and this is where I'll eventually post templates and other stuff in the future...

Hope it will help someone...

Regards,
    Rico

Re: FLStudio and GPO "tutorial"

That's really useful and well put together - thanks. Had not thought about using GPO within FL Studio/Fruity Loops before, but now there's no excuse! I have just re-graded my FL Studio back to FruityLoops as I felt I had fewer tools at my disposal post-upgrade [and so all of my old material complained that 'plug-in not found' when importing into FLStudio] - what's your experience?

Hi, glad You liked the tutorial!

I've never experienced any problems after an upgrade. On the other hand, I've rarely used any of the FL native plug-ins (at least not instruments/generators). But the effects have been working all along.
    It's not that You have the plug-ins installed in the Fruity Loops plug-in folder, and not added that path to the plug-ins folder list inFLStudio? I have a vague memory reading something about this on the FL forums, but I might be wrong?

Anything else You (or anyone else) would like to see on the page? Not that I know every in and out of FLStudio, but I've used it for some time at least. Still haven't got around to create any template files, bummer.

Regards,
    Rico

Rico,

I hear many good things about FL Studio. We've been receiving more and more inquiries from people who use FL Studio about whether GPO will work with the program.

This tutorial will be of enormous help to FL Studio uers who want to use GPO. Its is well laid out, well written and nicely presented.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to make this tutorial.

Gary Garritan

Hi,

Thanks for the kind words Gary, but it's no trouble only fun

Just wanted to add that I've uploaded a simple template file that contains one instance of GPO and eight pre-configured MIDI-Out channels that could serve as a start or base for further works. The template is found at the same page as the tutorial (http://www.fredrikblom.com/tutorials..._FLStudio.html)

Now, if I could make some decent music I could also upload some example files...

Regards,
    Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Rico
    Hi,

Thanks for the kind words Gary, but it's no trouble only fun

Just wanted to add that I've uploaded a simple template file that contains one instance of GPO and eight pre-configured MIDI-Out channels that could serve as a start or base for further works. The template is found at the same page as the tutorial (http://www.fredrikblom.com/tutorials..._FLStudio.html)

Now, if I could make some decent music I could also upload some example files...

Regards,
    Rico
    Gary/Rico, in case there were any doubt, GPO does work in FruityLoops and FruityStudio, made especially easy by Rico's template file and first class tutorial. GPO Oboe pumped through a FL Delay, Reverb and Filter backed with a 404 need hearing to be appreciated! Will upload asap. Also Rico thanks - I can't believe I was being so dumb, all I had to do was, as you suggested, copy my plugins, samples, folders etc, etc from old directory to the new FL Studio directory and all my old songs sprang back to life!

Go Back to forum