• Register
  • Help

Topic: Booming flutes and organs

Share/Bookmark

Booming flutes and organs

I've been wondering why my organ sounds (Post Organ Tool Kit, very good, but for this) why they sound as though I've made the mistake of doubling the signal.
    Likewise flutes tend to do it. You know, it's like booming in the ears, like too much reverb in the room. Like the instrument has been recorded with 2 identical mics in the same place.

I thought perhaps a sine wave would always do that. But my B4 Hammond doesn't do it, and that's based upon a kind of sine wave. ('kind of'? well crooked sine wave then).

Wodyuthink?

[I got Mackies]

r0n

Re: Booming flutes and organs

Quote Originally Posted by ronnewman
    I've been wondering why my organ sounds (Post Organ Tool Kit, very good, but for this) why they sound as though I've made the mistake of doubling the signal.
    Likewise flutes tend to do it. You know, it's like booming in the ears, like too much reverb in the room. Like the instrument has been recorded with 2 identical mics in the same place.
    Have you tried listening to them on headphones to check whether the effect stays? Sometimes there are room reflections producing weird comb filter effects which might be more or less apparent dependent on your sound's frequency components.

Cheers,
    jan

Go Back to forum