• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO training DVD ?

Share/Bookmark

GPO training DVD ?

Hi !

Wouldn't it be great to have a "GPO dvd" with a few GPO-masters explaining "live" the details of good orchestrations with it, tips and tricks, and so on...
    I would pay quite some money for something like that

Maybe someone already droped the idea though... ?

Nino

Re: GPO training DVD ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nino Mojo
    Hi !

Wouldn't it be great to have a "GPO dvd" with a few GPO-masters explaining "live" the details of good orchestrations with it, tips and tricks, and so on...

Nino
    Hi Nino,

I think that might be a bit of a challenge, since the GPO is so versatile. It is used in SO many ways and in SO many situations. People use it in a plethera of software sequencers, each having its own learning curve and application, people use it with all the major notation software apps, again, each being different in setup and use. These are just two of the main ways people use the GPO. Then you get into use in conjunction with other sample libraries, etc. etc.
    Perhaps an introduction to the Kontakt Player might be a nice one. I don't know though. The little book that comes with the GPO was pretty clearly written.
    For what it's worth, I would love a DVD like that too.

Jerry Wickham

Hi Jerry,

I know what you mean. But think of gigantic softwares that are very versatile like Photoshop, nevertheless you can find a lot of tutorials for it, each aiming at a specific goal. I guess even if the GUI may change from one sequencer to another, the main idea is that CC64 is still used for legato and so on . So it might be cool anyway to see it "in action", more from an artistic point of view than the deep technical one. It could be also a great way to learn the basics of symphonic orchestration or even "that typical Hollywood sound" orchestration for those who don't have that knowledge

Or at least if not some DVD (that was just an idea though, maybe some downloadable video files?

I agree the booklet that comes with GPO is very handy

Hi Jerry,

I know what you mean. But think of gigantic softwares that are very versatile like Photoshop, nevertheless you can find a lot of tutorials for it, each aiming at a specific goal. I guess even if the GUI may change from one sequencer to another, the main idea is that CC64 is still used for legato and so on . So it might be cool anyway to see it "in action", more from an artistic point of view than the deep technical one. It could be also a great way to learn the basics of symphonic orchestration or even "that typical Hollywood sound" orchestration for those who don't have that knowledge

Or at least if not some DVD (that was just an idea though, maybe some downloadable video files?

I agree the booklet that comes with GPO is very handy
    Although not a video, there's a great tutorials page at: http://www.garritan.com/tips_tutorials.html

You'll find a lot of really useful information there.

R.
    ==

Yeah thanks... Checked already, cool
    But not enough stuff yet I'd say... Great to find some source files though !

Hi !

Nino
    Nino mojo,

We're working on some GPO DVDs with the GPO Maestro's explaining the features. There are also some other things we are working on that we'll announce soon.

What would the forum members think about providing some video or audio testimonials to be included in such a presentation?

Gary Garritan

AWESOME !!

Thanks a lot Mr Garritan !

Thumbs up Re: GPO training DVD ?

If people were able to supply you with ".AVI" or other editable files, GG, that would be a neat assemblage, indeed! (I do a fair amount of video editing for family/friends and capture with a Sony mini-DV tape -- the highest quality before you move up to television studio-type equipment -- and then gobble it into the computer for further editing and assembly.)

The only problem with various folks illustrating their approaches and/or usage is that capturing what is on the computer screen is generally impossible without something called "gen lock" -- of course, you could capture still screen shots and send them along as ".JPG" files to be interspersed with the "live" video.

just my $0.02 ... KevinKauai (I'd love to see good educational materials for GPO and GOS -- I think it would be a "first" in the biz!)

Can I do the bit on how to load instruments into GPO??? ehhehehehe... A tutorial like this would be fantastic!!!

meeehoon

Go Back to forum