• Register
  • Help

Topic: Full Kontakt and GOS lite / GPO tutorials?

Share/Bookmark

Question Full Kontakt and GOS lite / GPO tutorials?

I know I know, read the kontakt manual and I am but there is nothing in this particular older version manual that remotely describes anything to do with the subject at hand.
    I was wondering if any of you expert full kontakt users could give some direction in the loading and unloading GPO and GOS lite. Also, Giga Batch Conversion the proper procedures for converting and saving to kontakt. I tried it last night and couldn't find the converted files. Most likely right in front of my face.
    Tanks.

Oh by the way I realize this should be in the Tips, Techniques & Tutorials section of your local shopping mart, but I fingered the majority of you intelligent beings from this planet hang out here more often. (Like Police at a doughnut shop)
    Styxx

Loading GPO instruments in Kontakt is as simple as navigating to the instruments (.nki files) in the GPO Library folder via Kontakt's browser window (on the lefthand side of the Kontakt interface) and either double-clicking or dragging the desired instruments into the Kontakt 'rack'. You can bookmark the GPO library or individual instrument folders using Kontakt's Favorites feature. Once you have loaded a Kontakt multi that you like, say a complete string or brass section, you can save the multi for future use (from the Load/Save button). By default, GPO instruments will be loaded into Kontakt with DFD (streaming from disk) enabled. Depending on the speed of your hard drive and how much RAM you have, this may or may not be desirable....you can toggle the preference to load Kontakt files as DFD via the DFD options dialog.

As for GOS lite, I don't have any experience with it but it should be a similar process...if it is AKAI or Giga format then Kontakt will ask for a destination to save the converted instrument...there are batch-conversion options as well.

I'll try to do a more complete tutorial for GPO-Kontakt at some point.

Brian

Re: Full Kontakt and GOS lite / GPO tutorials?

Brian thanks for the reply. A tutorial would be cool (especially for those who just can't grasp) like me.
    So, OK, what you are saying is the files I converted last night should me in a folder on my C drive, right? I think it asked in the documents and I just click OK. I'll have to check it out later tonight.
    Thanks again.
    Styxx

I always batch convert into the same folder that has the Gig files. You should now have some new Kontakt files after the conversion finishes. You'll also have a folder with the .wav files from the conversion. Usually I delete the gig files after I've tested the Kontakt files to save space.

There appears to be a bug if you batch convert into another folder. It looks like it's working but it never creates the new folder! Don't know if this was fixed in the 1.5.3 update.

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn
    I always batch convert into the same folder that has the Gig files. You should now have some new Kontakt files after the conversion finishes. You'll also have a folder with the .wav files from the conversion. Usually I delete the gig files after I've tested the Kontakt files to save space.

There appears to be a bug if you batch convert into another folder. It looks like it's working but it never creates the new folder! Don't know if this was fixed in the 1.5.3 update.
    Thanks,
    And these new kontakt files should be in the initial folder or a new folder on the left? I don't find an entirely new folder with kontakt .wav files from the conversion. Hmmmm.
    Styxx

I'll need to take a look at my system. Unfortunately, I'm at work and may not get a chance to look at it today.

Sorry, I found them in the original GOS lite folder. However, I haven't been successful at getting kontakt to load them. Pain.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum