• Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: NOTICE: Moore on O'Reilly tonight July 27

Share/Bookmark

NOTICE: Moore on O'Reilly tonight July 27

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    C'mon Guys

This is gonna be fun for everyone, although I suspect it's going to be surprisingly tame.
    Michael Peter

If music be the food of love...
    play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

Re: NOTICE: Moore on O'Reilly tonight July 27

Quote Originally Posted by His Frogness
    C'mon Guys

This is gonna be fun for everyone, although I suspect it's going to be surprisingly tame.
    I think Moore's out of his mind. O'Reilly never fights fair. I've heard horror stories from guests of his.

It's true, somewhat. He'll interrupt people if he thinks their spinning and he always adds in an opinion right before he changes the subject so guests can't respond. Those are things that bother me about him.

On the other hand, it's just as irritating when a reporter poses a hard question and instead of answering the question the guest recites unrelated talking points that attack the other side. That is unacceptable and I love it when reporters don't let them get away with it.
    Michael Peter

play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

Okay, what time? This just might be highly entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by His Frogness
    On the other hand, it's just as irritating when a reporter poses a hard question and instead of answering the question the guest recites unrelated talking points that attack the other side.
    I couldn't agree more! Do the politicos really think we're that stupid? I hate it when people of any political bent talk right past the question.

On the other hand I've heard more than a few stupid questions that deserve to be talked past. But in those cases, I'd like the politician to tell them stright up that it's a dumb or leading question, and then to tell the interviewer what's really important.

-Jon Fairhurst

Quote Originally Posted by robgb
    I think Moore's out of his mind. O'Reilly never fights fair. I've heard horror stories from guests of his.
    Way to go rob...evidently you did not see the LAST TWO TIMES Moore appreared on the O'Reilly show. (Like this has never happened) Way to form an opinion about someone you have never seen.

And you call us uninformed.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. Ralston
    Way to form an opinion about someone you have never seen.
    What's this b.s.? I've seen O'Reilly's show many times. And more often than not he's a bully and acts like a jerk. You don't know what you're talking about.

Well, as I thought, it was very tame.

I'll tell you this though; Michael Moore did more to sway me in his interview with O'Reilly than F9/11. F9/11 is pure propaganda, but Michael Moore asking "would you sacrifice your child to secure Fallujah?" had a much more dramatic effect on me than any point he made in his movie.
    Michael Peter

play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

One thing that Moore mentioned, which I've been hearing many liberals say, is that the US should have used special forces instead of sending regular
    forces into Afghanistan and Iraq. For small, specific ops, this is fine, but for tracking down an individual (Bin Laden) in a large land-locked (and hostile) country is logistically and operationally untenable. I doubt anyone who thinks otherwise knows what the hell they're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by wes37
    One thing that Moore mentioned, which I've been hearing many liberals say, is that the US should have used special forces instead of sending regular
    forces into Afghanistan and Iraq. For small, specific ops, this is fine, but for tracking down an individual (Bin Laden) in a large land-locked (and hostile) country is logistically and operationally untenable. I doubt anyone who thinks otherwise knows what the hell they're talking about.
    Ahh. Moore got his head caught in a pundit trap. When caught, pundits suddenly believe that they are experts on military operations, international negotiations, football coaching and a host of other speacialties. To build a pundit trap, simply connect a single microphone to a large number of listeners. Hundreds have been caught over the years.

Seriously, Moore is best when he questions authority. I don't actually want him to become an authority.

-Jon Fairhurst

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast