• Register
  • Help

Topic: Failed To Start MIDI Loop

Share/Bookmark

Failed To Start MIDI Loop

Hi,
    I have been trying to run GIGASTUDIO for 1 month now unsuccessfully under Windows XP.
    I run a P4 1.6 Ghz (ASUS P4 TE Motherboard) 768 Mb of RAMBUS RAM an a DELTA 44 along with a Sound Blaster Audigy.
    I have a UM-880 USB MIDI interface + SB AUDIGY MIDI Interface.
    No MIDI seems to reach the software, the piano (MIDI Control Surface) does not reproduce any sound at all.
    The sample looks like it loads fine but I cannot use it, when I go to the sample editor I get a \"Failed to Start MIDI LOOP !\"
    message...
    All the MIDI indicators icons are disabled (No dark green /green light at all on the left inside under the keyboard icon)
    However, GIGASTUDIO recognize the MIDI Ports in the settings, you can select the MIDI ports within the software.
    When I run SONAR, I get some MIDI through and can record.
    I don\'t understand this...!

Anybody has any suggestion...? Help will be very much appreciated.

[This message has been edited by Dominique (edited 02-26-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Dominique (edited 02-26-2002).]

Re: Failed To Start MIDI Loop

The SB Audigy will not work with GigaStudio in Windows XP as it is not GSIF compatible. That is why you get no sound. GigaStudio is not use the WDM drivers but GSIF instead. You will need to use Win 98 or Win ME to use the SB Audigy card.

The Delta 44 card should work with Giga in WinXp with the latest drivers. Make sure that you don\'t have the same outputs selected in Sonar as you have in GigaStudio. If both are selected in Sonar, you will not get sound in GigaStudio.

[This message has been edited by Haydn (edited 02-26-2002).]

Hi Haydn,

Firstly thanks for replying,

I tried to run GIGASTUDIO with only 1 card, (DELTA 44 and GIGASTATION from EGO-SYS on their own respectively) and had the same problem.
    I am not even trying to run the 2 software together (SONAR and GIGASTUDIO).
    Any other suggestions...?
    Do you have the software running under XP...?
    What audio card do you use and what is your setup...?
    What about the control panel Audio options..?

Thanks in advance for replying to those questions.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haydn:
    The SB Audigy will not work with GigaStudio in Windows XP as it is not GSIF compatible. That is why you get no sound. GigaStudio is not use the WDM drivers but GSIF instead. You will need to use Win 98 or Win ME to use the SB Audigy card.

The Delta 44 card should work with Giga in WinXp with the latest drivers. Make sure that you don\'t have the same outputs selected in Sonar as you have in GigaStudio. If both are selected in Sonar, you will not get sound in GigaStudio.

[This message has been edited by Haydn (edited 02-26-2002).]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you open up giga studio and select an instrument... Can you use your keyboard to trigger the sample in gigastudio? (without sequencing software) I sometimes have a problem in Cakewalk sonar where it loses midi signal from my keyboard coming through a midiman 2x2. But i can still trigger it in giga

This seems to be when i use giga drivers for my soundcard... and use the card as the only soundcard card in the machine.
    (sharing audio channels with sonar)
    Using multiclient drivers

------------------
    -=Riggs=-

No,

Nothing come out I cannot trigger any sound from the piano of the GIGASTUDIO or from my keyboards...!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ninriggs:
    If you open up giga studio and select an instrument... Can you use your keyboard to trigger the sample in gigastudio? (without sequencing software) I sometimes have a problem in Cakewalk sonar where it loses midi signal from my keyboard coming through a midiman 2x2. But i can still trigger it in giga

This seems to be when i use giga drivers for my soundcard... and use the card as the only soundcard card in the machine.
    (sharing audio channels with sonar)
    Using multiclient drivers

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What version do you have? run a diagnostics routine inside GS and send it to Tascam, you need serious help.

Go Back to forum