• Register
  • Help

Topic: Demo of my Old Lady Patch and HC Bass XP

Share/Bookmark

Demo of my Old Lady Patch and HC Bass XP

Hi!

A little jazz fusion bit. I just got Hardcore Bass Xp yesterday and I wanted to try it with my new PMI Old Lady Patch (you can get it at Post Piano if you like it). Just Piano, Fretless Bass, and Drums. It's called "In the Clear"

http://scoringhouse.com/bsdemos/In%20the%20Clear.mp3

Brian
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Re: Demo of my Old Lady Patch and HC Bass XP

I enjoyed that very much - thanks.

Any chance of now posting exactly the same piece, replacing the piano with the bog standard patch? Is that something you could do easily? (I'd like to hear the difference)

Cheers,
    Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    Hi!

A little jazz fusion bit. I just got Hardcore Bass Xp yesterday and I wanted to try it with my new PMI Old Lady Patch (you can get it at Post Piano if you like it). Just Piano, Fretless Bass, and Drums. It's called "In the Clear"

http://scoringhouse.com/bsdemos/In%20the%20Clear.mp3

Brian

Fantastic work, Brian...

Forgot to try your patch, I've been playing a bit with Giga version lately
    Jan Nemecek
    www.jannemecek.net

Cool deal!

I could use that bass sound myself so thanks for tipping me off to it.

BTW- I don't know if that's your final mix but if so it's got some low end probs. Maybe it's just a rough quick demo (sorta thrown together for fun)? If that's the case ignore my comment.....

(I listened on Gen 1032A's)

KID-

Thanks so much to all of you!

Any chance of now posting exactly the same piece, replacing the piano with the bog standard patch? Is that something you could do easily? (I'd like to hear the difference)
    Greg:
    I used my patch for the Old Lady (1929 Steinway D) I also have the Emperor (Bosendorfer 290) do you mean the unpatched Bosendorfer? It’s no problem to do. I have to clean this up anyway. I popped it out this morning (barely awake).
    Forgot to try your patch, I've been playing a bit with Giga version lately
    Thanks for the kind words Jan! If you have the Giga version you may want the patch from me instead of the one on Post Piano (I think Mike made it work for the real Kontakt version). If you use it converted from Giga, email me and I'll send you that patch (the wav names are different I think).
    Cool deal!
    I could use that bass sound myself so thanks for tipping me off to it.

BTW- I don't know if that's your final mix but if so it's got some low end probs. Maybe it's just a rough quick demo (sorta thrown together for fun)? If that's the case ignore my comment.....
    Kid-surf:
    Yea that fretless is shweet!
    I did, in fact, throw up the faders and pop it out for fun. I got a bad mix, a bad note (a 5th in the bass with an aug 4 chord..LOL...Doh! ), Piano is too loud,snare drum taps are too loud, Bass needs more fun articulations etc. But I got some emails saying people would like to hear a "real" version, so I will do it. Thanks for listening kid-surf

Thanks to All!
    Brian
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    I used my patch for the Old Lady (1929 Steinway D) I also have the Emperor (Bosendorfer 290) do you mean the unpatched Bosendorfer? It’s no problem to do. I have to clean this up anyway. I popped it out this morning (barely awake).

Brian,
    I'm interested in A/Bing your patch of any piano with the original, unpatched version, that's all. So if you can just re-render with the unpatched Old Lady, that'd be fine - no big deal though and not at all urgent.

*Ideally*, what I want to hear is very isolated snippets, carefully A/Bing Xavier's & Olivier's (and your own?) ideas, perhaps with voice-over. E.g "here's the standard patch playing a repeated note (ding ding ding) - whip off the cloak - here's the all new, singing and dancing, Olivier/Xavier enhanced version (ding ding ding). (crowd roars)" ;^)

Cheers,
    Greg.

Hi Greg!

My patch is mostly based on Xavier and Oliviers ideas. They are the real wizards! All I did was add some of the piano mechanics included in the Bundle to what Olivier and Xavier did. Xavier's patches for Gold use much less polyphony and CPU cycles than mine do (I'm working on fixing it in my patch). As I ordered the Giga version, I wanted to use it in Kontakt until Giga3 comes out. Olivier taught me how to do the symp resonance. I programmed it to use the Giga pedal down (which doesn't convert) and added Body resonance, key mechanics, and the included pedal down wav. But I must be clear, Xavier and Olivier are the masters in this realm. I can only hope to contribute to their wonderfull work! I think that all three of us just want to make the best piano patches we can!

Regards,
    Brian

Go Back to forum