• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "MIDI Funk" (To show the versatility of GPO)

Share/Bookmark

"MIDI Funk" (To show the versatility of GPO)

At the risk of being completely banned from this forum, I present my "MIDI Funk":

http://www.alexandermusic.com/musicfiles1/MIDIFunk.mp3

To show the versatility of GPO, I used some of the brass in the heavily-accented phrases and in the "stabs". In other parts of the work I also blended GPO brass with "synthy" brass from a synthesizer. It's my belief that this fine sample library is not limited to use only in "classical" music even though that genre is my number one choice as far as composition is concerned.

If you prefer that I not post this type of music in the future, please inform me and I will certainly comply. If you believe that I am posting too MUCH of my own music, let me know that also, please.

Regards to all,

Larry A.

Re: "MIDI Funk" (To show the versatility of GPO)

I liked it... made me grin. Good idea to mix it with some synth brass - I think the GPO brass does well for symphonic stuff and the synth stuff gives a nice bright punch to it too. Fun stuff!
    -John

Quote Originally Posted by John Hawksley
    I liked it... made me grin. Good idea to mix it with some synth brass - I think the GPO brass does well for symphonic stuff and the synth stuff gives a nice bright punch to it too. Fun stuff!
    -John
    Many thanks, John Hawksley. Danke Schoen, mein Herr!

Can you imagine an old, old dude like me writing this kind of "get down" music?
    It almost makes me want to say "ummmm" and "like" and "you know" in every sentence...you know what I mean?

Regards,

Larry A.

*grin* I can't write that stuff at all. I wish I could turn my hand to it, actually. Hopefully it will come with time

Like...what's your problem Larry.....keep posting....it's coool...

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    Like...what's your problem Larry.....keep posting....it's coool...

Frank
    I like you Frank because, I mean, like, ummm, you know, your, like sense of humor is ummmm, like as warped as mine.

Ummm, like regards to you, Dude,

Larry A.

I like your stuff, Larry! I never know what your going to post next. Almost everytime I hear posts on another competitors library, the stuff almost always sounds the same, not the GPO posters!

Keep 'em coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn
    I like your stuff, Larry! I never know what your going to post next. Almost everytime I hear posts on another competitors library, the stuff almost always sounds the same, not the GPO posters!

Keep 'em coming!
    Thank you, Haydn. Your compliments are very much appreciated.

Regards,

Larry A.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    I like you Frank because, I mean, like, ummm, you know, your, like sense of humor is ummmm, like as warped as mine.

Ummm, like regards to you, Dude,

Larry A.
    Yeah Larry there's too, like, you know, ahh...many nice folk, I mean, on this forum. Like, you know, what they, ahh, need is a few more old crazies, like, I mean, like us!

Frank

Cool!!!
    I never thought that the terms, "Get Down!" and "Garritan Personal Orchestra" would be comfortable together. But you have proved yet again they are.

Thanks for a smile!
    Wait until the Band release comes out! Then you can do some serious cookin' there.

Jerry

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast