• Register
  • Help

Topic: Notes hanging in full Kontakt

Share/Bookmark

Notes hanging in full Kontakt

Is anyone using the full version of Kontakt with GPO? I am having some problems with notes hanging. It didn't do it until after the phrase containing the instrument had ended and the note just held until I muted the instrument in Kontakt and it reset when I did so. Also, they hang when I hit the stop button in Cubase. I don't know if its widespread, but it happened again and again with the solo flute vibrato.

Re: Notes hanging in full Kontakt

I've had this happen several times using GPO in Cubase. I am able to stop them from sounding is I insert a sustain pedal off control at the end of each track. Seems to work for me. Hopefully its an issue addressed in the updated version(s).
    Styxx

Could each of you kindly describe your platform, OS, Kontakt player versions, and enough information that I can try to duplicate what is a problem for you on my own systems.

Trond

I'm using Windows XP, a custom built Pentium 4, 2 gigs of ram, Audiophile 2496 soundcard. I was using Cubase VST (the included version) at the time. The Kontakt player version shouldn't really be an issue since I was using the full version of Kontakt (that's what is hanging.) But mine is the latest beta. The only patch that it's happened with so far is the solo flute vibrato.

Quote Originally Posted by dnortana
    Could each of you kindly describe your platform, OS, Kontakt player versions, and enough information that I can try to duplicate what is a problem for you on my own systems.

Trond
    Pentium R 4
    CPU 2.66 GHZ
    1.5 gig ram
    Audigy 2 sound blaster
    Evolution MK-261
    Kontakt 1.5.3
    Load a GOS lite sample into full kontakt and no mod wheel control. I noticed there is no mod wheel on the vertual keyboard in Kontakt. Could that be it or no, maybe, yes, not?
    Styxx

I use this patch all the time in Kontakt with Sonar and have never had this issue. This used to be an issue with the solo strings.

Did you post this on the beta site? It may be a bug in the last library posted. I'm using the beta version before the last posted one. Just loaded the latest beta library last night but haven't had a chance to test it yet.

Go Back to forum