• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: MOL goes cross platform

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up MOL goes cross platform

I think a lot of Mac users have been waiting for this, Midi Over Lan now works on both PC and Mac;

http://www.musiclab.com/products/rpl_info.htm
    ---------------------------
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com

Re: MOL goes cross platform

Awesome!

I thought they said they were'nt going to make one...

Thumbs up Re: MOL goes cross platform

This is great news. Since I currently already have all the Midi I/O hardware needed for this already, and that's what I use, I'll have to get into the specs to see if MOL will be superior to hardware midi with respect to timing, slop, delay, etc. For people just getting into the cross platform thing, this could be a great solution (if it works well).

Now all we need is for Max to finish his cross-platform FX-teleport, so we can ethernet audio as well ! At the same time would be nice! Last I corresponded with him, late last year I think, he was targeting a Mac/PC release during March of this year. Hmmmmm ..... Isn't it July already?

Trond

Max is working on it. He just released Giga teleport which allows you to use dedicated giga machines with no audio or midi interfaces. I believe OSX support is next on the list.

Daedalus,

What's the word on the performance of Gigaport. Latency and such ... any idea?

Boy, these are exciting times.

Trond

Thanks for the link Scott! That's really great news for Mac users!

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick
    Thanks for the link Scott! That's really great news for Mac users!
    No probs. I own MOL for the PC so I recieve newsletters from Musiclab. I thought that most Mac guys would have no way of knowing unless they had a Music Lab product. (Or they might find out months down the track.)
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com

Quote Originally Posted by dnortana
    This is great news. Since I currently already have all the Midi I/O hardware needed for this already, and that's what I use, I'll have to get into the specs to see if MOL will be superior to hardware midi with respect to timing, slop, delay, etc. For people just getting into the cross platform thing, this could be a great solution (if it works well).

Now all we need is for Max to finish his cross-platform FX-teleport, so we can ethernet audio as well ! At the same time would be nice! Last I corresponded with him, late last year I think, he was targeting a Mac/PC release during March of this year. Hmmmmm ..... Isn't it July already?

Trond
    Eh? FX Teleport sends MIDI over the network anyway. No need for MOL with that.

well, somebody brave give it a try and let us wussies know how it works!
    John DeBorde

Composer of Music for Film, TV and Interactive Media

Great news. I don't even own a Mac, but I'm glad to hear that MOL is now available for those who do.

-Jon Fairhurst

Go Back to forum