• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Topic: need help( really stupid newbie question)

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    need help( really stupid newbie question)

    i just got GPO and its fantastic, i've been "playing around" with it and i'm quite happy.
    anyway my question is about the woodwinds, i'm not a professional musician so i don't really know the instruments, my problem is i can't do woodwinds runs, when doing faster sequences of notes, some notes are muted so i can't hear them, this is probably really stupid but i don't know what it is...(something to do it legato/sustain maybe ?)
    i use sonar with it and i don't have a midi keyboard so is there any "cc" for control this?
    tkx.

  2. #2

    Talking Re: need help( really stupid newbie question)

    You need to put the sustain pedal DOWN. = CC 64 set to ON.

    Quote Originally Posted by the emperor
    i just got GPO and its fantastic, i've been "playing around" with it and i'm quite happy.
    anyway my question is about the woodwinds, i'm not a professional musician so i don't really know the instruments, my problem is i can't do woodwinds runs, when doing faster sequences of notes, some notes are muted so i can't hear them, this is probably really stupid but i don't know what it is...(something to do it legato/sustain maybe ?)
    i use sonar with it and i don't have a midi keyboard so is there any "cc" for control this?
    tkx.

  3. #3

    Re: need help( really stupid newbie question)

    Quote Originally Posted by belkina
    You need to put the sustain pedal DOWN. = CC 64 set to ON.
    now even more stupid, how do i set it on?
    end.

  4. #4

    Re: need help( really stupid newbie question)

    Also, on the Kontakt player, you might try increasing the maximum number of notes that are set. Typically lots of instruments can not play more than one note at a time, so the default is perhaps 1 or maybe 2, depending on the voice/sound. GPO is truly a blast!

  5. #5

    Re: need help( really stupid newbie question)

    still can't find what it is, help please!

  6. #6

    Re: need help( really stupid newbie question)

    Quote Originally Posted by the emperor
    still can't find what it is, help please!
    For cc 64 (sustain), any value in the range 0-63 is "on." Any value in the range 64-127 is "off." HTH, Ron.

  7. #7

    Re: need help( really stupid newbie question)

    If you have no physical sustain pedal attached to your controller, send midi CC #64 via your sequencer with any value up to 63, or (depending on your sequencer) "ON".

    Quote Originally Posted by the emperor
    now even more stupid, how do i set it on?
    end.

  8. #8

    Re: need help( really stupid newbie question)

    I don’t generally check the forum on weekends but I’m glad I did on my way out today because there could be some confusion spread over this issue. Here is the correct answer (straight from the crazy programmer’s mouth!):

    Pedal up (tongued notes in the winds) = cc64, value 0
    Pedal down (slurred notes in the winds) = cc64, value 127

    In the strings, pedal up (cc64, value 0) gives the standard attack and pedal down (cc64, value 127) gives legato. Draw the needed values into your track at a position just preceding where you wish the switch to take place. It is always best to place a piece of reset data (cc64, value 0) at the beginning of any track using sustain pedal data so that this function will properly reset when returning to the beginning of the sequence.

    Tom

    P.S. If you do have a sustain pedal that sends a "0" value when you step on it - its wiring is REVERSED. It will not function correctly with GPO.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Wink Re: need help( really stupid newbie question)

    The only "stupid question" is the one not asked!
    Styxx

  10. #10

    Re: need help( really stupid newbie question)

    yeh i did that and it worked , except for the solo woodwinds? am i still doing something wrong ? ensambles work just fine.
    tkx

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •