• Register
  • Help

Topic: Deafening Silence

Share/Bookmark

Deafening Silence

Here it is, 5:16 pm PDT on the last business day of July, and no word from Tascam. Oh well.

I was hoping that we would get a list of libs, or at least some status update today.

I know Synthetic said that it may slip into early August. Oh well. Such is the life of a software project. I can only imagine how many hours people have been working lately to get all of the details finished before it goes out the door. The local pizzaria has probably made a fortune.

Synthetic, if you get a chance, let us know how things are going. Hopefully, the horses on on the home stretch in Austin and Montebelo.

-Jon Fairhurst

Re: Deafening Silence

Jon:

I did risk my $50 and ordered GS3 day before yesterday. The order was taken by "Thomas", and he said it will ship on the 9th of August (yes, 2004).
    What kind of fool I am.....

Ted

Exclamation Re: Deafening Silence

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Vanya
    Jon:

I did risk my $50 and ordered GS3 day before yesterday. The order was taken by "Thomas", and he said it will ship on the 9th of August (yes, 2004).
    What kind of fool I am.....

Ted
    The foolish thing is *not* dropping the $50 - but in being the first to install...

They'll be hearing from me sometime in August, but after some bleeding edge reports come in.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Haynes
    The foolish thing is *not* dropping the $50 - but in being the first to install...
    LOL!!! I don't think that's quite the prevailing attitude with most of us.

Greg.

That's all very true about being the first to install. I probably ought to order now as by the time it ships to .au normally there'll be enough reports to know what to do from there.

*thinks about it*

And two patches to boot!

First to install is part of the fun! Especially when you re-boot and a message comes up and asks “Boot from previous restore point?” Live on the Edge Baby!!!!
    The Pioneering Spirit!!!!

Of course, err…let me know what happens ok?..heheh

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Cool Re: Deafening Silence

I gotta say this, I say it in real life alot, 'bout time I added it here:

Is this some definition of the word fun I have not yet previously come across?

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

One thing that has been a hallmark of every GigaStudio release is that you can always go backwards to a previous build quickly and easily. There is a utility included that cleans up all registry and file system changes.

So, I'd suggest that people upgrade with no fear. The one thing I'd do is make sure you've copied down both your serial number and your registration code, so that you can easily re-register an earlier version.

You can also do this by saving off a copy of the "user" key in the registry. That way, you can just double-click it and restore your user info to the registry, no muss no fuss. Usualy caveats apply...if you don't know what you're doing in the Windows registry, stay out of it, and simply have your serial number and registration response saved. Be sure to note how you entered your name, address, etc., and do it the same way, since that information is part of what determines the reg code.

But I very seriously doubt anyone is going to be going backwards once they've spent five minutes in G3.

Bruce:

Thanks, I am glad that most of the respondents did not think that I am a fool.
    Your optimizm about GS3 is mine also; I use my GS160 every day, steady as a rock, does a great job. The only complaint I have that talent and inspiration is not in the software, we have to work hard and may never get it. But, maybe with GS3 it will be easier?!
    Enjoy your comments all he time..

Ted

Talking Re: Deafening Silence

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Vanya
    .... The only complaint I have that talent and inspiration is not in the software, ....
    Ted
    That's not an unreasonable request.
    TASCAM are you listening?!

Go Back to forum