• Register
  • Help

Topic: PMI Gold Emperor & Old Lady totally new release layer

Share/Bookmark

Smile PMI Gold Emperor & Old Lady totally new release layer

Hi all!
    Here are the latest kontakt 1.5.3 patches for the PMI Gold Emperor & Old Lady with totally new release layer with best staccato/legato.

patch Emperor 2.03
    patch Old Lady 2.03

I choosed Skylark as demo because it contains many parts with staccato and/or legato. Listen carefully!

Demo Skylark Emperor 2.03
    Demo Skylark Old Lady 2.03

Xavier Bidault
    http://jazzphoton.free.fr

Thumbs up Re: PMI Gold Emperor & Old Lady totally new release layer

Great as always Xavier!!!!!!!

Well Done! You and Olivier are the true masters at improving pianos!

I can't wait to get my Kontakt version so I can play too!

Brian
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Re: PMI Gold Emperor & Old Lady totally new release layer

Hi X

Will these patches also work in Kontakt 1.52? Thanks for your efforts.

Regards,
    DLevy
    mgr, Legacy Lab

Will these patches also work in Kontakt 1.52?
    No. But why this question? Update your kontakt to v1.5.3. You can easily do it from Native Instrumens' web page.

Quote Originally Posted by xav93
    No. But why this question? Update your kontakt to v1.5.3. You can easily do it from Native Instrumens' web page.
    Thanks Xavier. The particlular mac that runs Kontakt is in a 24/7 room, and after reading about the troubles other mac users were having from stablity to giga loading issues, we decided to stick to 1.52 for a while. Are you on macs Xavier? If so, what machine, OS, and host for Kontakt.

Thanks for the help,
    Regards,
    DLevy
    mgr, Legacy Lab

Are you on macs Xavier? If so, what machine, OS, and host for Kontakt.
    No, I'm on PC (P4C HT 3GHz, 2x512 Mo PC3200 Dual Ram, 2x80Go SATA HD Raid 0 (stripping) and a 40Go for OS, in a shuttle XPC 75G2 V2, a MOTU828, a master keyboard Kurzweil PC88)

Hi Xavier,
    Just curious - did you find that you *needed* to stripe two of those disks together to get enough performance?

Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by sullivang
    Just curious - did you find that you *needed* to stripe two of those disks together to get enough performance?
    No, it's not necessary, even for 24bits/48kHz samples. But now, I have no limitation about my HD. I can do, if I want, a big pedal down gissando up followed by a big glissando down without any problem, and I can play live with other layered intruments without compromise about polyphony of each instruments. It's often these two things that can make we loose note in a performance.
    But my patches about all the pianos I tweaked can be used with a single HD without any problem, exepted for the complete 5.1 Galaxy Steinway D.

It seems that some people have a little problem with the "noise key release" rack. It uses only one no tracking sample: the one in the "extra" directory called "bos key soundx", mapped from A-1 to F#5. Set the Root at C4 and the sample volume to 12 dB

To do well, the "Extra" directory should NOT be placed in the "Old lady samples", but directly at the root of the "Old Lady" Directory

Xavier Bidault

Go Back to forum