• Register
  • Help

Topic: Newbie Joining the Party

Smile Newbie Joining the Party

Hi All,
    I joined the chat today and enjoyed it very much. I thought I'd post a quick note to say `Hi' and how much I am looking forward to getting to know GPO inside and out. I've been a Cubase user for about 2 years and have found it to be good for some styles of music, however not for the classical stuff I would like to do. After spending a good amount of time comparing products I found GPO lead the pack by a wide margin. This is the first time in quite a while that I've felt giddy when receiving a package in the mail.

I intend to use GPO for some classical pieces I have written and some arrangements I have done. I'm no pro, but I get a great deal of enjoyment from creating. I also purchased Sibelius, (caught the wife in a *very* generous mood, so I took advantage while I could ) and have been able to integrate GPO Studio and Sibelius without any problems. Many thanks to those who posted solutions for any issues arising between the two products!

I will certainly have questions and hope to be able to contribute as I gain experience. Let me just say (hopefully without coming off like a brown noser) that I have been lurking on the forum for just over a week and this is the best group of people on the Net that I have encountered.

Don't want to babble, so I'm off...

We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Re: Newbie Joining the Party

WELCOME! I just bought GPO and joined this forum in April, so I'm kinda new too, lots of fun!

UK- teeming with life....

Kevin, I'm certain you'll receive a warm welcome. I look forward to hearing your first demo!

Thumbs up Re: Newbie Joining the Party

Welcome to the party Kevin.

Orcas Island

Quote Originally Posted by LFO
    I have been lurking on the forum for just over a week and this is the best group of people on the Net that I have encountered.
    Hi Kevein,

Welcome to the GPO Community and its good to have you with us. I would agree that the people here are the best on the Net We're here to help and looking forward to your participation.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum