• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Looking for validation

Share/Bookmark

Looking for validation

Can anyone please validate my composing ticket?

I'm gonna keep posting stuff until someone says, "yeah you can do it, now go get a job!"

(I may keep on posting anyway, depending on who it is that might say that for me)

Waiting

Re: Looking for validation

I like the orchestration but I am not feeling the piece, it is a little to hectic for me. The mixing and samples are dead on though.

I liked the crystal clear sound and being able to hear the individual instruments. (FWIW, from someone who has had zero "production" experience)

Greg.

sounds like part of a movie, maybe the beginning or something, as one of the characters is going through his routine of getting ready and going to work. Definitely very movie soundtrack like. I like it!

p.s. what sample libraries are you using? the samples sound great!

Very nice piece! The mix has an open, airy quality to it. Definitely sounds like a movie setup sequence. Made me think of a busy northern college campus on a crisp, fall day. I, too, would love to know what libraries you used.

It's a nice opener to a film, just has that sound and feel. If you really want some criticism, it has that been there done that sound....you know what I mean? Like I heard it many times before somewhere else. Then again, most of the music I hear has that sound (including my own).

I really don't know what else to say other than, you're ready, now go out and get a job as a composer!

Of course that can lead to the discussion that talent plays an increasingly smaller part in trying to make it in the biz, with business skills and networking skills taking on much bigger roles than ever before (did I mention connections?)

Best of luck, welcome to the club!
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Sounds good, but you may want to use some faster attack samples on some of the instruments, such as the celli and the French Horns.

Now, go out and get a job!

rJames, this isn't a patch on AnyWednesday. AnyWednesday was the demo that convinced me to buy Gold, and I've listened to it about 25 times. Brilliant stuff. I have no doubt that you can do this professionally, and when you get there hopefully you'll be kind enough to give me some tips, because I want to be in the same boat too.

Thumbs up Re: Looking for validation

I'd say from the demo that you needn't find a day job (unless you need one).

From this piece I can hear you got talent, potential and a love to do this kind of work.

What else do you need?

If you feel stuck find a composition teacher.

But whatever you do, don't stop writing. You CAN compose.

What was that saying from yesteryear 'When a composer stops composing, he starts to decompose.'

Go Back to forum